LegacyGT.com

epic or swift springs

T_Altland27

I'm undecided about the epic springs of the swift springs I've heard a lot from my buddy who has the swift on his evo and Google searched both but I'd like to know from fellow legacy owners about them both I'm not looking to slam the car and I know swift is known for its handling reviews but I also heard with the stock struts your have a little bit more of a bounce then you will with the epic springs and I was told the swift springs give it a saggy butt and the epics don't can someone clarify what exactly the saggy butt is? Like I said before not looking to slam the car just looking for a little better handling and a slight drop I don't want the rear to drop any more then an inch

Swifts are meant to be used with Bilsteins (SpecB, etc)- otherwise, they'll slam your car. Drop is ~2" which is a lot. Epics are what you're looking for - they'll significantly improve handling and drop only ~1".

Consider replacing your stock struts too, as aftermarket springs may add stress and cause the stock struts to bust sooner. Koni yellows are the mainstay for many of us who go the aftermarket strut-spring route.

Epics are hard to get - usually have to wait for a Group Buy if you can't find them in the For Sale section. H&R sport springs are another option - drop is ~1.3-1.5".

Saggy butt is typically for wagons, causing a slight reverse rake, in which the front end is higher than the back. Saggy butt spacers (typically 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2") are used to even things out in the back. Sedans may use them too - I'm running a 3/8" saggy butt spacer with my Koni/H&Rs for a slight rake (front end slightly lower than rear).

Swifts are meant to be used with Bilsteins (SpecB, etc)- otherwise, they'll slam your car. Drop is ~2" which is a lot. Epics are what you're looking for - they'll significantly improve handling and drop only ~1".

Consider replacing your stock struts too, as aftermarket springs may add stress and cause the stock struts to bust sooner. Koni yellows are the mainstay for many of us who go the aftermarket strut-spring route.

Epics are hard to get - usually have to wait for a Group Buy if you can't find them in the For Sale section. H&R sport springs are another option - drop is ~1.3-1.5".

Saggy butt is typically for wagons, causing a slight reverse rake, in which the front end is higher than the back. Saggy butt spacers (typically 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2") are used to even things out in the back. Sedans may use them too - I'm running a 3/8" saggy butt spacer with my Koni/H&Rs for a slight rake (front end slightly lower than rear).

Thanks very much for the useful information I think I'll be going with the epics thanks again

Can you use the stock struts at all I know you can with the swifts but I won't have the money for both springs and struts right now also does anyone have a picture of the epics or swifts on there car that they would like to share so I can somewhat get a visual

• Moderators
Can you use the stock struts at all I know you can with the swifts but I won't have the money for both springs and struts right now also does anyone have a picture of the epics or swifts on there car that they would like to share so I can somewhat get a visual

Swifts are designed for bilstein style struts, epics are for stock LGT style struts. Using either spring on completely stock struts (aside from spec.b bilsteins) is not recommended at all. Ride may be poor and you will experience premature wear of the struts.

If you only have the money for one or the other, I would choose struts over springs.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Archived