LegacyGT.com

BG fluids. Yea or Nea.

I found a shop that uses their fluids exclusively and I mean EVERYTHING. They are known as one of the best places in town to have your car serviced.

I've seen BG thrown around here and just wondered if they make good fluids. They have a warranty against failure in anything that their fluids are used in.

What do you all think?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, their flush worked great on the power steering shudder I had. My wrench swears by it, but I just haven't seen science:confused:
"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

we use BG fluid flushing machines at my dealership, its really a grey area if you ask me. some guys swear by them, me personally I think as long as you follow the manufacturer's specifications and maintenance intervals, you dont need any fancy, or more expensive fluids. People don't realize that the manufacturer wants their vehicles to perform well, and be reliable, and they spend a whole butt load of money in research and development for this to occur. If they say fluid A belongs in it, well I tend to agree with them.

Its just like tire pressures. People say "Yea I added ten psi to my tires to get better fuel mileage!" I say, "You're an idiot. Manufacturers spend millions a year trying to meet the strict MPG requirements and CAFE regulations. You really think the people that can design an entire vehicle and achieve a certain MPG rating didn't think of that? You really think you outsmarted them by adding five to ten psi?"

They set specifications for many reasons. Safety, reliability, and economics are among the top reasons. If its in the owner's manual, I listen.

End rant lol.

Experience

Care to elaborate?

Is everyone on this forum smoking Weed? We all seem so paranoid. I am from B.C. ....:)

Seriously though, if all the concerns that I've read about fluids are valid then we should just buy these cars and park them in our living rooms. It seems Subaru is the only car in the world that will explode if you don't hold your tongue the right way when depressing the button to unlock your door.

I got this car to replace my TSX which I thought would be a headache when the warranty was up. Since I purchased my Subaru I've eaten 80 Tabs of Tylenol 3...:lol: I purchased it three weeks ago....I haven't felt this good in years....

we use BG fluid flushing machines at my dealership, its really a grey area if you ask me. some guys swear by them, me personally I think as long as you follow the manufacturer's specifications and maintenance intervals, you dont need any fancy, or more expensive fluids. People don't realize that the manufacturer wants their vehicles to perform well, and be reliable, and they spend a whole butt load of money in research and development for this to occur. If they say fluid A belongs in it, well I tend to agree with them.

Its just like tire pressures. People say "Yea I added ten psi to my tires to get better fuel mileage!" I say, "You're an idiot. Manufacturers spend millions a year trying to meet the strict MPG requirements and CAFE regulations. You really think the people that can design an entire vehicle and achieve a certain MPG rating didn't think of that? You really think you outsmarted them by adding five to ten psi?"

They set specifications for many reasons. Safety, reliability, and economics are among the top reasons. If its in the owner's manual, I listen.

End rant lol.

I know about the machines, but what about the fluids. Do you use BG fluids in your car?

LOL. oh yeah the so so search option because I love reading through 90 pages of arguments before I get the answer I'm looking for. LOL. Well I posted in the maintenance forum so now you can go and elaborate.

LOL. oh yeah the so so search option because I love reading through 90 pages of arguments before I get the answer I'm looking for. LOL. Well I posted in the maintenance forum so now you can go and elaborate.
And you thought this wouldnt turn into arguments?

wow Canadians...

Its oil, change it regularly and use the correct weight and anything will work.

I only use Amsoil from Japan.

LOL. Yes us Canadians, loved by most of the rest of the world which is more then you can say. Don't forget to sew that Canadian flag on your pack and keep your American passport out of sight the next time you travel abroad. Except when you come to the great White North. We love ALMOST everyone.

LOL. Banter.

LOL. Yes us Canadians, loved by most of the rest of the world which is more then you can say. Don't forget to sew that Canadian flag on your pack and keep your American passport out of sight the next time you travel abroad. Except when you come to the great White North. We love ALMOST everyone.

LOL. Banter.

almost :lol:

Its only good fluid for the '10+ its bad for '05-09's

Which fluid is only good for the 2010+ and not for the 2005-2009? This claim needs to be more specific in order for it to be even remotely useful. Even still, it really makes no sense.

And in regards to your other posts, the OP asked a question, he doesn't want to be flamed by people that have nothing better to do with their time. If you want to belittle people, do it in the off topic section so people that want advice and good information aren't thrown off by your nonsense.

To OP: I am one of the guys in the shop that follow manufacturer's specifications when it comes to fluids, I don't really think that BG can improve a fluid enough to justify its cost, so I stick with reputable brands or OEM when possible. And you know this is not a bias answer because BG flushes and exchanges definitely supplement my paycheck ;)

Thanks forayzor. Much appreciated.

It's not that I want to use BG specific fluids, it's that the shop I want to entrust with my car from time to time uses BG fluids.

Thanks for the advice and taking the time to give me a constructive response.

Which fluid is only good for the 2010+ and not for the 2005-2009? This claim needs to be more specific in order for it to be even remotely useful. Even still, it really makes no sense.

And in regards to your other posts, the OP asked a question, he doesn't want to be flamed by people that have nothing better to do with their time. If you want to belittle people, do it in the off topic section so people that want advice and good information aren't thrown off by your nonsense.

Thanks there champ :lol:

Manufacturers also add ride comfort, tire wear, and I'm sure other things to the equation when calculating their recommended tire pressure. Their target customer is closer to the soccer mom than a car enthusiast.

^Again, thanks for elaborating and adding to the wealth of information on this forum, have a great day.

Yes lets start more thread about a topic that is discussed to death on this forum daily.

My day is ok so far but should pick up after lunch. Thanks!

Manufacturers also add ride comfort, tire wear, and I'm sure other things to the equation when calculating their recommended tire pressure. Their target customer is closer to the soccer mom than a car enthusiast.

This is why you should follow their recommendation, and not over inflate. If you overinflate, your tires will wear much quicker and unevenly than at the correct pressure, therefore eliminating any savings of fuel.

Archived