LegacyGT.com

Charleston Spotted Thread

SBT

You Silver Legacy GT Sedan - Eastbound on 526 at 8:15ish this morning, just east of the Wando River Bridge and well before Long Point Road exit. I was in the White Legacy GT Wagon heading west and waved, but could not tell if you saw me or not. Are you local?
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

wait, another chas lgt?

Wait - seriously there really is another LGT in CHS? I thought I was seeing things...

Yeah - I'm working to set up some kind of Subaru gathering (or at least figure out where there is one) in the area. Interestingly enough, my office mate owns an 07 WRX so we do get to talk Subaru.

Okay - when this durn weather warms up, we need to plan a get together someplace. Will post in the SE forum if you all are okay with that.

I drive a red one in charleston

Someone just bought a Red 05 LGT Unlimited from a guy I know here. Hopefully it'll stay local.

• 3 weeks later...
I was about 4-5 cars back, behind a chip truck.

Amazing - I'm usually uber-observant so I'm surprised I missed you. You work at NWS?

• 3 years later...
And, couple weeks ago, saw a OBP or possibly a DGM LGT turning left in front of me in Ladson. I was on SR78 heading toward I-26 and you turned-left onto Ladson Road. We both waved.

What do you need to get done?

Couple of recommendations for you. But it might be something easily done so let me know.

Give Tim the manager at Firestone in North Charleston a call 843-737-6545. Tell him Dale with the white Subaru Legacy GT wagon recommended him. Ask to have "Joe" align your car. Joe is awesome.

Thanks! I need a decent alignment... someone who'll bother adjusting camber, not just toe. I also need to narrow down a clunk... it's not the end links, tightened everything down so I'm at at a loss. Basically I need someone to rake a good look at the front suspension.

Sent from my LT30at using Tapatalk

Are you set up with rear camber adjustment arms? If not, the only adjustment is toe rear and camber/toe front. Let's get together and take a look at it and see if we can figure out where the clunk is coming from, then get it to Joe at Firestone N.Chas and let him align it for you.

No camber kit in the back. I actually thought about it and will hold off on an alignment until I get my KW 0s. I may need help putting those in though.

O course if you want to mess with the car beforehand, I'm all for it. At this point I'm thinking either the ball joint or conte arm bushing. Steering has gotten looser over the past few months, but I don't even want to think about steering rack issues on a car with 20k miles on it.

I'll have to drive over to the weapons station. I think there's a hobby shop over there with lifts that you can use.

That's where I do all of my work on our Subarus. Easy enough too - I'm 7-10 mins from there. If you want to check it out, would need to be this week as I'm having shoulder surgery on 11/5 and after that, I'm down for 3-4 weeks. And I have a set of Perrin rear lower adjustable camber arms that I'd sell cheap if you're interested.

Archived