LegacyGT.com

The STI bbs thread

lawl

noob question, why can you just use adapters to fit 05-06 bbs instead of only buying a set from an 04?

I did this and in all honesty it's easier to just run the 5x100 setup. You have to roll the fenders and with the offset and the adapters they poke out quite a bit. If you want a set of the 5x114s I know where you can find a set ;) Sold the adapters to a friend for his vw but I still have the wheels. haha

• 2 weeks later...

Picked these black powdercoated BBS's off of craigslist this week. They are 8 pounds lighter EACH than the stock wheels! What a huge difference in the handling. Now if only that Whiteline RSB would hurry up and get here...

http://i47.tinypic.com/2ahidxw.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/260d53r.jpg

True^ I bought a set in good shape for 700 about 2 years ago and then sold them to a buddy with 1 season used snow tires mounted for 950, and now I regret that very much as I cannot find a clean set like the ones I had for that price now :-( I guess I'll be getting some Rota SDR for my winters.

These just arrived earlier this week for my 05 OBP 5MT. I also purchased lugnuts from Drop Engineering. My setup is Koni Yellow with stock springs. The tires are Hankook Ventus V12 235/45/17. Not the best pic, but the car was in the garage already.

I really like this combination.

P1100961.thumb.JPG.b107f3815b19a72a402fbbe2f12b7c7a.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
So I have a chance at either gold or silver bbs. My wagon is GRP. Can't decide on color. Only other thing is that both sets have been plasti dipped. I heard it comes off pretty easy. Anyone dealt with this? Anyone have any pics of GRP with goldies on there?

• Moderators

Why not just have the owner peel the plastidip off?

If they are actually "just" plastidipped and are in good condition underneath, he should have no problem doing that since he should be able to get more money for them if they are original finish and are in good condition.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Moderators
So picked up some sti wheels. Kid said they were plasti dipped. Only 3 wheels were and they were painted over. I need to get them sand blasted and resprayed. Any suggestion on color? My car is GRP.

Uhhh...told you so, lol. At least they'll be in perfect shape when you are done getting them powdercoated :)

So picked up some sti wheels. Kid said they were plasti dipped. Only 3 wheels were and they were painted over. I need to get them sand blasted and resprayed. Any suggestion on color? My car is GRP.

Underdog has a GRP sedan with gold tarmac 2's, looks great. Or go with something dark but not black, gunmetal-ish

Uhhh...told you so, lol. At least they'll be in perfect shape when you are done getting them powdercoated :)

I know I know. Don't get a lot of people coming through the midwest with these wheels. Especially no shipping and got a good deal.

• Moderators
Sir, courtesy of none other than yourself, I believe I am the proprietor of the finest BBS STi gold wheels in the 5x100 bolt pattern.:wub:

Quite possibly, those things are in amazing shape :) I've had good luck with finding a couple sets, the silver set I have on now were garage queens that sat inside for a good 5 years from what I gather.