LegacyGT.com

Shortblock differences?

So i was giving some consideration to swapping out my shortblock for a new one, just for some peace of mind with the mileage on my car.

Now, Rally Sport Direct sells what they call the "EJ257B" short block with it only being confirmed to fit an 08+ STi.

Does anyone know 100% the difference in the EJ255 and EJ257? I know the heads are different, but i have a friend who recently rebuilt his shortblock using all OEM parts, and said the part numbers from both blocks were both the same between the EJ255 and EJ257.

Yes, either block will fit and bolt directly to your heads.

As long as the block itself is either an EJ255 or EJ257, ther're both the same. The only difference with the newer blocks, is that the EJ257 has nitrate crank & rods.

My wife's balls are delicious.

Everything is exactly the same on the short block besides pistons. Ej255 has -24 cc piston ej257 has -21 cc I believe. Roads are same bearings same crank same until nitrate cranks. Ej257 with 255 heads should have a slight compression increase.

$1645 from Heuberger, a Vendor on here. Click the link on the blue bar up top. Get the gasket set for your year car.

read on here, see my click here link, lots of info.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

$1645 from Heuberger, a Vendor on here. Click the link on the blue bar up top. Get the gasket set for your year car.

read on here, see my click here link, lots of info.

This is what I ordered. 1805 shipped to my door. the block I received was a BBBB, maybe thats what the EJ257B refers to?

Archived