• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I shouted: "Down girl!" at her.

19294680852_a243ba2145_k.jpg

19113029558_10daa8ca4e_k.jpg

Let's see if I can get her to obey.

LGT Springs on Koni's

3/8" Saggy butt spacers (going to try without them first)

AVO rear sway bar end links

Perrin Front and Rear sway bar end links.

LGT rear upper arms, w/ Whiteline camber adjusters

LGT helpers (aka bumpstops)

Going to install the AVO rear end links first, versus the Perrin.

19146757010_9014139b17_k.jpg

No saggy butt spacers. LGT springs on Koni's.

Front: 27.5"

Rear: 27.75"

I put a level on the passenger door trim before and after and the match was almost perfect. Just a bit of rake.

Not aligned, and only drove it around the block once, so not sure it's completely settled. But the springs/shock assemblies were off another OBXT, so they should be settled.

With these wheels it looks well balanced. But with 18s, I'll want to come down .75-1".

love the stance! I plan on achieving the same look via coilovers, eventually. I cant tell from the side, but did you get that weird "tucked in tires" look? Any rub?

I only ask because I wold love to keep my OBXT on stock tires/wheels just like above^ very sleeper-y. :)

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

Is that "weird "tucked in tires" look" in the rear or the front? The LGT upper arms I have, are using Whiteline camber adjustering bushings (KCA399) which supposedly allow +/-1.25º. We'll see what we can dial in when I get it aligned. I won't get the alignment done until the 20th.... Then we'll see?

Pic from Whiteline's website:

http://www.whiteline.com.au/images/products/KCA399-3.jpg

Is that "weird "tucked in tires" look" in the rear or the front? The LGT upper arms I have, are using Whiteline camber adjustering bushings (KCA399) which supposedly allow +/-1.25º. We'll see what we can dial in when I get it aligned. I won't get the alignment done until the 20th.... Then we'll see?

It's usually more pronounced in the rear, more commonly called "tire suck". Basically it happens when you lower it, and makes it look like the track width is too narrow for the body.

Let us know how the alignment goes too, though! I'd love to see how things come out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

• 3 weeks later...

(note: I've migrated my build thread to the Model Specific Forums > Third Generation Subaru Outback (2004 – 2009) forum. I'll continue to use this thread to post up pics, but technical details will be in the build thread. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/rebournes-06-obxt-build-thread-243318.html )

In review:

Stock Outback XT struts and springs

19294680852_a597f36763_b.jpg

Koni front strut inserts and Koni rear shocks on Legacy GT springs

19146757010_871ff324a2_b.jpg

Konis with Tein H-tech springs

19228868644_549954055f_b.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You can see how low I'm running them. I think that's the limit. Maybe a hair lower with stiffer springs, and a hair shorter bump stops. But assuming you don't desire to be ultra low, I love them. Huge upgrade.

Thing is, if you have the tools and time to cut up front struts and install these inserts for Koni's, and you buy them at a good price, you won't spend much to try them if you decide to sell them. There's people without time, tools and/or access to garages that will snatch them up, should you change your mind. I was one of those people.

To be honest, I also want to try the new Tein coilovers to compare, but don't want to have to buy them at retail.

You make a good point... I'm sure Konis would sell pretty quick if I wanted to. I really wish there was a better coilover option for the Outback... that would retain just above stock LGT height. My goal is to keep the stock wheel/tire setup and have no rubbing or alignment issues, and most LGT coils won't let me do that. :(

In an ideal world, I would put some Ohlins on it!

When you say just above LGT height are you referring to the overall ride height? Are you taking into consideration tire diameter? When I went from OB sized tires to LGT tires, I measured ... wait a second.

You know, I cover this in my technical build thread. It's probably confusing having two threads, but I was going to use this thread just for pretty pictures (which I'm behind on updating...). And the technical build thread is here:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/rebournes-06-obxt-build-thread-243318.html

In post #2, you can see my Koni, LGT spring and OBXT sized tire setup. Take a look at that and let's continue the discussion over there.

Messed around with this picture a little bit more in photoshop. I should point out that I used the "content aware fill" to remove my front license plate. You can see a little swirl where it guessed wrong, but it was so easy. Took all of five seconds.

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=220287&d=1448472995

1627475605_RebournesOBXTLGTuploadsize.thumb.jpg.d9655d4e940da970e88701b9fe348602.jpg

Archived