LegacyGT.com

P0304 Flashing CEL( no cruise control light) strong eng vibrations

While driving on the highway at 65 mph, got a sudden rough engine vibration and flashing CEL without the cruise control light.

As I slowed, I realized any rpm increase was really rough. I limped the car home (wasn't that far away).

CEL code is P0304. Car feels like piston 4 stopped firing.

I've had that code before that ended up being a bad injector. That rough idle and today's rough idle feel totally different.

Any similar experiences?

I have had the same problem with my 2005 OBXT, and I have swapped injectors, coil packs, checked for leaks did everything I could do to find out whats wrong with it. I am fairly certain that its something with the head. As in bad valve guide or burnt valves. We all try to avoid this situation, but in the end that's most likely with it with the bad tune and knowing the that the #4 cylinder runs lean.

• 1 month later...
Sounds very similar to my recent issue. Ive swapped the coil packs and new iridium plugs but still a horrible idle. It seems to run fine above 900rpm. I did a compression test tonight and #4 only would build 20 psi. Im not very familiar with a burnt valve chain of events but this happened suddenly. Im trying to figure out what my next step should be

Archived