LegacyGT.com

uppipe help

subiegillis

okay i have a 2005 LGT i have been lookin at buying parts to go stage 3 in about feb.

so i have been lookin at up pipes and can't really tell any difference if there is.

the three i have been lookin at are just the stock 07 LGT up pipe, the grimmspeed coated uppipe and the AMR cast iron up pipe .

i know people are goin to say well there is a price difference not really worried about that . i am curious if there is goin to be drastice power difference between the three .. for the turbos i am lookin at are the bnr 18g and 20g not sure which one yet still thinkin:spin:

• Moderators
there won't be a power difference between the three. the only thing that would necessarily help AFAIK is to have things ported and polished to make things match up perfectly (headers to up pipe, up pipe to turbo, .....)

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

AG - If you really want my input it would be much more meaningful for us to discuss your goal and then mod path.

I have no way to tell you which uppipe without knowing your goal. WHY? I'm quite happy with my three flange up / header GTSPEC / Tomei style (mine is gtspec). It has a super sexy velocity stack inside (something the others dont have to my knowledge) and is not going to leak. Whats my point? If you tell me what you want I can help point you in the direction of a likely mod list you should research. Otherwise I'm just posting up about parts. Parts is parts.

If you're sure you're going to keep the stock manifolds, get an OEM catless up-pipe. If you're looking to get the full potential from your 18G, buy an equal-length header that comes with an up-pipe.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

I have a Invidia catless up pipe and down pipe, I got them from my Tuner, http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/tuning-alliance-121.html

When it comes time for the swap, pick up the bolts from the dealership that hold the up pipe bracket to the engine block. use them to bolt the turbo to the up pipe, 10x easier then trying to install the turbo on the up pipe, inlet and oil return at the same time with the studs in there.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 11 months later...

Archived