Georgia roll call

tougefox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haha spending money at the dealership is always exciting?? I'm about to slap a pitch stop mount on and maybe buy some shrouds (alternator/radiator). Other than that there's nothing exciting going on with my car either.

I will be tackling my headlights soon enough. TRS retrofit and black out. Might even get a set of led bulbs for the high beams so that they are the same color as the hids or at least closer.

Looking into getting the invidia q300 later in the month if bonus is favorable. Orndog, you ready to swap to dual exhausts?;)

I've thought about going up to Sowo, undecided yet. Anyhow, Ghionw: if you need help with the retrofit hit up Dana @ TougeFighter, he did a good job with mine.

The DIYer in me wants to attempt it myself. I found something on how a fellow 5th Gen'r wired their Halos, I will more than likely do the same. If I get stuck or jack them up, I will contact Dana.

Actually it will be stock for a long while till we get other higher priority items ironed out like a house, jobs, college, etc... Modding takes time and money and both of those are going to be in VERY short supply for a while. Not to mention this will be my ONLY car for the foreseeable future and I cant take any chances with it breaking from an over stressed part like the transmission and such. Edited by jj808

Yes, under warranty, I'm just over 30k. Not sure how I feel about it yet, I need to see what Subaru considers in replacing the short block. I assume it will be "re-manufactured" but to what extent?

From my experience the replacement short block is a brand new unit. At least from the times we used to warranty @ SoK. At least I think? Ps I know all the techs so hmu if you want to request someone. That being said it'll prob be one of the two master techs.

From my experience the replacement short block is a brand new unit. At least from the times we used to warranty @ SoK. At least I think? Ps I know all the techs so hmu if you want to request someone. That being said it'll prob be one of the two master techs.

PM'd.

Thanks for the insight, I really hope that's still the case! They'll be calling me to set an appointment when it comes in so I can still request a Tech I assume.

Agreed! And the trans fluid changed.

Speaking of which, wasn't there a running update for the CVT for some sort of bearing? I need to look into that and see if it will be uncovered when they pull the block.