LegacyGT.com

Whiteline strut tower bar install

Hey guys I have a manual transmission, 2005 Legacy GT wagon limited with the cold weather package and I tried installing my Whiteline strut tower bar today but failed. Lol as sad as that is, it's true. I tried loosening and removing every part of it I could to get it to fit but I have a hard line that is up against my firewall that prevents it from fitting. Have any of you run into this problem? I tried looking up DIY videos but they all seem to pretty much drop in place and mine doesn't. I took the engine cover off to make sure that wasn't getting in the way, preventing me from getting it to fall into place correctly but no such luck. Any suggestions and or insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

image.thumb.jpg.b95d4614b679831767eddff62000e672.jpg

just so you know, this is a pure bling item and will have absolutely no effect on the performance or handling of your car?

posting some better pics might help. your pic looks like the radiator is getting in the way.

FYI I felt the difference :)

HAWK PADS vs CARBOTECH... three... 2.... I

Yeah sorry for the poor quality photo. I took it with my phone and had to scale it down so that the server would accept it. Yeah more or less the steel hard line that is visible just behind my Whiteline bar is getting in the way.

Rob-2 is yours a Whiteline one as well? Does your engine bay have the hard line I'm talking about? If so, how did you fit yours in place?

Mines a no name eBay and I had to giggle the mounts into place but it fit.

How exactly does one giggle? I think this might work for my issue.

hehe typo. jiggle.

My mounts were hard to just 'drop in' so I had to rock, rotate and jiggle them in. It at first seemed top seal stuck too far out.

Archived