LegacyGT.com

2008 spec b vs gt

I would say so but I'm a bit biased as a Spec B owner. The transmission and rear differential alone are worth it to me. The nav, suspension bit, and other things are a nice bonus as well.

To start with I would say YES, go with the Spec b.

I would drive a rental car up if your pretty sure the Spec B will check out OK. I drove 3-350 mile one way (5 hours in the rain) and I only got a 08 LGT LTD with the 5EAT. Granted it was ultra low mileage and they cut me a fair to great deal. The wife and I had a great road trip up and back to get it.

If I did it over I would drive double to find a good spec. b. You just don't find many too many spec b or even LGT LTD where I am.

I feel the SI Drive does make more of a difference on the 5EAT cars then either manual (5MT or 6MT).

I have 05GT Wagon 5mt and a SpecB, the Spec B is so much better. It's what Subaru should have made in 05.

I drove 1.5 to see and test drive the car, I met him half way then follow him home, then to the storage area to get the spare wheels and tires. Then a week later, had a buddy drive me to pick it up.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 2 weeks later...

So thanks to Toyota that is repurchasing my 2000 Tacoma for almost what I paid for it used in 2003, I'm flying out to get a 2008 Spec B. only down side is it's a 1300 mile return trip. but what a better way to get to know a new to you vehical.

Thanks for the encouragment

Dale

Anyone have a good idea what I should pay for a 2008 LGT MT Black/Black with 48k miles from a dealer in the Mid Atlantic?

KBB for private party is 19,880. Dealer is advertising $22.7k. Anything above 20k is beyond what I am selling my 05 STi for. Not really looking to pay more than 21k, wondering if that will fly.

I would say so but I'm a bit biased as a Spec B owner. The transmission and rear differential alone are worth it to me. The nav, suspension bit, and other things are a nice bonus as well.

+1 - The 6spd, rear diff, bilsteins and aluminum suspension bits are well worth the additional money IMO.

Both of these

So thanks to Toyota that is repurchasing my 2000 Tacoma for almost what I paid for it used in 2003, I'm flying out to get a 2008 Spec B. only down side is it's a 1300 mile return trip. but what a better way to get to know a new to you vehical.

Thanks for the encouragment

Dale

You Sir made a smart decision, you wont be sorry

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

• 7 months later...
On a related note, I am driving 185 miles on Saturday to check out a 2008 Legacy GT Spec B with 34k miles on it for $24k. Not sure how I'll get it back, but I might either do the one-way car rental, or see if I can find a sucker/friend to drive me up later in the week to pick it up. I drove a 2010 Legacy GT last weekend and really liked it, hopefully the Spec B will drive basically the same, even if it does have a few less HP. (and is two years older)

On a related note, I am driving 185 miles on Saturday to check out a 2008 Legacy GT Spec B with 34k miles on it for $24k. Not sure how I'll get it back, but I might either do the one-way car rental, or see if I can find a sucker/friend to drive me up later in the week to pick it up. I drove a 2010 Legacy GT last weekend and really liked it, hopefully the Spec B will drive basically the same, even if it does have a few less HP. (and is two years older)

Rental car might be your best option, unless there is an airport close by. When I picked up my car in Ohio, I flew there for ~$80 one way and had the dealership pick me up at the airport. I had considered the rental, but mine was about 500 miles away.

It all depends on the airport. I got in and out fast. When you are going one way with no bagage, it can move quickly. Longest part for me was the two hour layover in Detroit. I could have flown non stop for $200 more, but chose not to.

Good to see another N WI member on here! I'm originally from Chippewa Falls. How do you like the Spec B?

It's great having a car that is a sleeper, my B has no rear wing so the only exterior clue is the badge on the trunk. I found this car in San Antonio TX at a Toyota dealer with only ~29k on the clock. I live in EC but work in CF, grew up in the Shities, Been here for 24 years now this is the most relaxing place to live!

It cost me more to drive back from TX than the one way airfare on Southwest. But I left home at 3am Thur on a shuttle to mpls for a 7am flight to w/2 stops to San Ant. left dealer at 1:30pm arrived in EC Fri 11:30pm w/1 overnite in Ok.

It's great having a car that is a sleeper, my B has no rear wing so the only exterior clue is the badge on the trunk. I found this car in San Antonio TX at a Toyota dealer with only ~29k on the clock. I live in EC but work in CF, grew up in the shities, this is the most relaxing place to live!

Sweet!!! You found it in my backyard!! LOL I don't know how I didn't know it was out there! What site did you use to find it? It took me forever to find my 3.6R here in San Antonio, but I finally did about a few weeks ago, got it used with only 4200 miles. I was ready to make the flight to Dallas to get one that I found there.. I'm sure you're enjoying your Spec b, congrats!!

Sweet!!! You found it in my backyard!! LOL I don't know how I didn't know it was out there! What site did you use to find it? It took me forever to find my 3.6R here in San Antonio, but I finally did about a few weeks ago, got it used with only 4200 miles. I was ready to make the flight to Dallas to get one that I found there.. I'm sure you're enjoying your Spec b, congrats!!

In early May last year(2011) I found it on Ebay! then it went away and was relisted. after that listing expired I found out the Tacoma was going to be repurchased. I than tracked the Spec B ebay listing to Northpark Toyota, Called them and they said it was gone, salesman ask if he could find another one. I said yes and wished him luck!

He called back the next day and said he found the original car at the their sister Subaru store were it had gone thru CPO and added 2+k to the original price. they said they could get it back and sell it for the original offer, I purchased the tickets and was on my way.

Archived