LegacyGT.com

April 2007 Consumer Reports ranks Subaru with Honda and Toyota for reliability

Scooby218

And EVERY Subaru model, except the Impreza WRX STI earn a "recommended" flag in Consumer Reports (both print and online).

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RTD%2FMGArticle%2FRTD_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1149193449179&path=%21business&s=1045855934855

Despite inconsistancies in front-end design and trim levels (why no NAV with manual, etc.). Subaru has come a long way. The 2004 redesign of the Legacy / Outback and the standardization of th 2.5L engine in most of their cars is a major factor why Subaru now enjoys higher-than-average reliability. The days of being in the middle of the pack for quality are over for now.

Great news!! its a big reason I am now on my 2nd Subaru :icon_cool

Does this kind of good publicity mean our resale value might get a bit better?

The best way they can start doing that is to begin offering lease plans on our cars that hold a high residual value w/little to no $ down.

My boss just picked up a Merc RL on a 3 year least it has a 64% residual! vs. a Legacy only has a 49%.

But why would Subaru do that and drive demand when they can't build enough the way it is?!?! Don't believe me try to find a car you want right now...

you only see old honda/toyota/subaru's on the roads, and i mean 10-20+ years old

+100

Go to any mountain town in BC here are you will finds tons of older subarus. Old Loyales, old Legacies, older Outbacks.

It's great to see. They just keep going and going, if maintained.

They must've grabbed the Spec B test data.....

The 07 Spec.Bs must be very slow then.

They listed the 07 Legacy models available (the 2.5 non-turbo, LGT, Spec.B) and "model tested" was the LGT. In their comments they said they really liked the steering, agility and acceleration. What they didn't like was fuel economy (though they did say elsewhere that AWD has a negative effect in that regard) and "at the limit handling" which they described as a tendency for the back end to want to come around during really hard maneuvering. The 0-60 time put the LGT way back compared to the times they recorded for many other plain Jane cars. Must have been a typo because they said they liked the acceleration of the LGT in other parts of the magazine.

They must've grabbed the '06 Spec B test data.....

I thought the published times for the 06 were as low as 5.1 seconds.:icon_cool Wasn't there even one result of 4.9? There was even a 13.9 1/4.

(I love any excuse to post those times. Thanks! :lol: )

^^^

I guess the sense-of-humor Fairy failed to pass by your house when you were young.:rolleyes::lol:

No. She stayed and had cup of coffee and cigarette (everybody smoked back in the day). That's how I know good humor from "meh" humor.

Archived