LegacyGT.com

1997 outback wagon cluster Q!!!!

As long as it has a tach I don't see how it would be any different. Just make sure they look the same, and it should be all good. The plug ins should be the same. Everything else Subaru is exchangable, I wouldn't see why this wouldn't be as well.

there is no difference in between auto or manual speedos.

also , you can swap in a legacy L speedo and be within 2 MPH, maybe less, i just did it. but you will need to change the wire end connector. (i just added the legacy L pigtail to the existing outback harness.)

that doesn't matter when going lego to outback. the speedos are the same just the face plates are different. swap a lego into an outback and it will work and be with in 2 mph. the face plates are different, but the difference in tire size corrects for that.

swapping a lego into a GT is a little different. but not a lot. again the speedos are the same but the face plates are different. you can swap the face plates but it is a pain, you have to remove the needle.

that creates all sorts of head aches when you re-install the needle. it took me 3 trys to get it close. and the 3rd try was while driving 70 mph.

Archived