LegacyGT.com

Modding FEVER! Need your opinions and advice

With warm weather right around the corner and slowly creeping up on 1 full year of having the car, I NEED to buy something. The only mod I have done so far is the Magnaflow cbe, so please keep that in mind.

I stumbled upon EDO Performance and found a few things on their site that I would like to have:

1) Zero/Sports Cool action II intercooler splitter. This seems like it would be a great thing to have on the car. Thoughts? Is there a better one on the market? As it stands right now, I do not plan on upgrading the turbo, but I'd like as much air flow to hit the intercooler as possible.

2) JDM Rain Visors. IMO, the convertible door design is the worst part about these cars. I read a thread and it seemed like everyone recommends these over the other brand (forget the name). I have new T seals to install, so I figured why not kill 2 birds with one stone?

3) TR silicone turbo inlet tube. Why you might ask? I have no f'in clue, its the fever. lol Should I even bother since I am running stock turbo? Is there any real benefit to having this?

I have a small amount of oil collecting around the clamp of the inlet tube and it has me nervous that my Turbo may be going bad. I have seen MANY cars that have oil dripping from this area, however mine has no physical drips. It just has enough where it is collecting dirt.

Thanks in advance for your help!

• Mega Users

My mistake, I was not looking for opinions on what route I should go with my car. I have read most of those threads. My concerns are with those 3 products only.

Lee- I have new tires and like the spec B wheels. I do need rear brakes and will most likely upgrade to a slotted rotor and nice set of pads. Not sure I want to upgrade the calipers. E-85 is not readily available in my area.

I have the Zero/Sports splitter. It's nice bling but that's about it. I doubt it actually makes a difference.

I didnt know there was a visible difference, I wanted as much air as possible to hit the entire intercooler.

It's visible through the scoop (silver) and obviously when the hood is open.

It's $200 for the splitter. You could better put that money towards any other numerous performance mods with guaranteed returns. In hindsight, I would not buy it.

Mr. Sinister- Rain visors will be money well spent in my book. I will look into the rear sway bar, I should have joined the GB Infamous ran not too long ago.

If you think it'll come in handy, then buy it. You won't notice a bit of difference buying the other two. I thought about getting the visors when the GB popped up last year, but in the end I tend to not crack the windows when it's raining outside.

The only silicone inlet I would personally install is the Perrin. With the stock turbo I would say the splitter is overkill but then again so is the inlet as there's no proven power gain afaik. The rain guards are nice but the JDM set-up is definitely overpriced for what it is.

I would reread the links a few posts back and see if there's anything you wish to put your money toward that would benefit the performance of your vehicle. IMO all of the suggestions you've received since have been more beneficial.

It's your money and car so do what you wish but these are not upgrades that would specifically benefit your vehicle other than aesthetics.

The only silicone inlet I would personally install is the Perrin. With the stock turbo I would say the splitter is overkill but then again so is the inlet as there's no proven power gain afaik. The rain guards are nice but the JDM set-up is definitely overpriced for what it is.

I would reread the links a few posts back and see if there's anything you wish to put your money toward that would benefit the performance of your vehicle. IMO all of the suggestions you've received since have been more beneficial.

It's your money and car so do what you wish but these are not upgrades that would specifically benefit your vehicle other than aesthetics.

Im going to pass on the scoop and inlet tube. Its very hard to pay $300 for some rain visors but Im tired of water getting in my car when I open the door. I am a windows down kinda guy especially since I am a smoker, although I try NOT to smoke in the car.

To be honest with you guys, I am NOT used to all this aftermarket support and have been overwhelmed with all the goodies I can buy. Its extremely time consuming swifting through hundreds of pages of opinions on what is best for our cars.

I am going to look into the Master cylinder brace. I was searching around last night for opinions on shifter bushings. My car makes some clanking noise that I hear most going into 1st (probably because I am not moving). I saw a combo kit on Subimods from Kartboy that comes with the bushings as well as the rear shifter bushing. I figure while I am working in the area, I will probably change the pivot bushings and possibly change to a short throw. Im going to do some more reading, but should I check the fork before I order anything? I remember seeing something about making sure it goes straight and not at an angle. How easy is it to check this?

Strizzy- Do you prefer the Group N mount over the Sti mount? I do want to upgrade from the stock mount, however I read there is a lot more vibration with the Group N. I do not recall seeing much info on how much better the Sti mount is compared to the stock one.

Careercadaver- Thank you, I will look around!

Archived