LegacyGT.com

Electronic door lock broken?

97 legacy gt sedan. Electronic door switch locks/unlocks all doors but driver door..... Locked and unlocked driver door by hand like 10 times but will not lock/unlock with others when i hit the switch. Also i unplugged the keyless entry unit last week because it started locking/unlocking doors on its own randomly and was setting off the car alarm.

Also i unplugged the keyless entry unit last week

which came first,

unplgged remote entry unit

or driver door will not lock with electronic button.

i think there is a situation where the electric lock fails to work the drive door due to a linkage issue.

oep the door panel and trace all the metal linkage.

and i suspect unplugging the remote entry unit will eliminate the driver door from the electric lock system.

these sound a little conflicting, but who knows.

• 2 weeks later...
plugged the keyless entry module back in and the electronic lock works again. keyless entry unit started blinking the flashers when i plugged it back in, which is why I unplugged it in the first place, but I found that plugging in one plug allows me to lock and unlock the door with the switch but keeping the other plug out keeps the keyless entry unit from causing the alarm(blinking flashers) to go off. Going to try installing a different keyless entry unit tomorrow and see if it fixes the alarm problem.

try plugging in the keyless unit with the key in the run position,

key on, engine off.

when power is applied to the remote entry unit,

it thinks you are stealing the car unless you have the key in the run position.

good luck.

ok,

if it is a suabru unit,

a replacement will plug right in.

if aftermarket, who knows.

place a wanted ad in the classifieds.

i may have one,

but it will take me a while to find it, if i do.

i have never heard of one going bad.

or just live with no remote entry.

Installed the other module today. No more alarm or self locking/unlocking doors. My guess the old unit had some dust or corrosion build up on the inside and was causing electricity to bridge where it shouldn't. Not an expert on electronics though.

Archived