LegacyGT.com

2006 LGT to the track. Love the Video

To all you LGT owners and lovers out there, I have posted a video of me in the Roo. I took my car to Rockingham Dragway (NC) this weekend, my best run was a 13.9 second quarter mile, I feel like the car is capable of much better results, but I am an amature. Rockingham is crazy, lots of cool cars, tons of crazy people doing burnouts and racing down the track. Every dumb ass out there is yelling "do a burnout" I'm like... dont you see what I'm driving?

Anyway....

After beating a 14 sec quarter mile (and finding the perfect puddle,) well I'll let the video do the talking. Its on You tube, copy and paste the following link:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhBWzVWzpGs]YouTube- 2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT AWD burnin rubber[/ame]

Now a little off topic but would a 2.5i auto be able to do that assuming it had enough power considering the awd front wheels to rear wheels ratio?

How did the tires look after that?

I have a few pics of the tire marks, I attached them below. The tire wear was bad on the front drivers side. I need to rotate them anyway.

Note: there was a Honda 450R with resonator removed buzzing around all day (and many other 4 wheelers) I really hope this is what you're hearing. My car has Cobb downpipe and random cheap high flow mufflers on it. I think it sounds good, its not as loud as other's Subaru's, listen for her, does it really sound like a 4 wheeler!!!!!!

As far as why I did it..... well, I blame the atmosphere, everyone there is raising hell, burnouts and donuts and everything, I had a few beers in me = brave and ignorant, I just ran a 13.9 sce 1/4 mile, this got me pumped up, then I looked at that puddle and thought," I can do this" well, I had my passenger hop out and work the camera b/c I knew it would be a one time deal. I watched the video 100 times already I'm sure! I love the video, and the car seems just fine, I drive it 60 miles/day, it is very smooth.

Actually, my car is my first Subaru, I bought it new, I will own it in a few more months. It has had a little bit of a hard life, but I bought a turbo Subaru to drive it. I maintain the car very well, I am very happy with her. I love her! (I am done beating the shit out of her for a while though, let me tell you, the poor girl, she's so good to me!)

IMG_2780.thumb.jpg.5278717d7b1a86da8f34777f7539ea29.jpg

IMG_2781.thumb.jpg.e68fd8e983ffd538bfcc803b389c6710.jpg

nicely done. you can hear your exhaust when the back end is facing the camera as you go round and round...doesnt sound like a quad to me. i do hear something that sounds like a quad in the beginning, though

Yeah, that quad is on the gas at the beginning of the video, and then a little bit as i drive toward the camera man.

Odd timing, my car is actually one of the quietest things heard on the video.

Archived