LegacyGT.com

Modulo brakes?

Jordan

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well there are a few factors to think about here...

1) They use brackets on those. Brackets will introduce deflection compared to the monoblock Brembos.

2) What pads do they take? Are they easy to aquire? Or is it something you need to get from the manufacturer?

3) Do you really want to be the test bed for them? I've been a guinea pig for calipers before. The ones we tested squeeled excessively (we aren't talking normal brake squeel) and this was due to the bracket setup v. the monoblock setup.

So in conclusion why trust your safety to what may or may not be a caliper that can be trusted.

-mike

You've just been given the best advice ever. Take it and run...

When you want something good, you always have to pay for it. Braking is not a place where I would personally make compromises. The safety of your vehicle and your life depend on it!

besides the fact that their logo is a direct rip-off of Brembo.... I wouldn't trust them as more than a paperweight.

Racing brake is a widely known brake manufacturer. Some people have issues trusting their products. Are you gonna put more trust in a no-name company with obvious rip-offs of another company and a super low-ball price?

There is something to be said about products whose mainstream market is Ebay..... (Hint: It's not a good thing)

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Well there are a few factors to think about here...

1) They use brackets on those. Brackets will introduce deflection compared to the monoblock Brembos.

2) What pads do they take? Are they easy to aquire? Or is it something you need to get from the manufacturer?

3) Do you really want to be the test bed for them? I've been a guinea pig for calipers before. The ones we tested squeeled excessively (we aren't talking normal brake squeel) and this was due to the bracket setup v. the monoblock setup.

So in conclusion why trust your safety to what may or may not be a caliper that can be trusted.

-mike

1. Not all brembos are made monoblocks. Only the OEM Sti brembos and other OEM brembos that quipped with the new car when you buy them comes with one piece monoblocks. The Brembo Grand tourismo Kits are brackets. Deflection rarely occurs unless the brackets you use are not genuinely made of Carbon Steel brackets.

2. They use the Mercedes AMG brembo 4-piston pads. They are OEM specifications so they are easily aquired. I believe brembo, EBC, Pagid and other aftermarket brake pads company makes them.

3. If you have read their descriptions, you will notice they use 700 degree Ceramic Pads as standard equipped with the kits. Ceramic does not have heavy metallic compounds ingredients in them. This means that the kit will not make sqeeling noises. Sqeeling noises are related to the content of the brake pads and has nothing to do brackets nor does properly made carbon steel brackets has the power/ability to make any type of vibration or deflections.

So in conclusion, if no one here tried their kit yet, I wouldn't make any positive or negative comments without having the extended knowledge about brakes.

laterz~;)

Yeah ill be the guenie pig because if these are good than we can all have a cost effective alternative to brand name big brake kits.

...and what if these brakes are crap? You could be endangering your life and that of other motorists.

Used front Brembo's are running at about the same price as these, throw in some inexpensive 04 STi NAPA rotors and you are in business...with a reputable brake set-up.

1. Not all brembos are made monoblocks. Only the OEM Sti brembos and other OEM brembos that quipped with the new car when you buy them comes with one piece monoblocks. The Brembo Grand tourismo Kits are brackets. Deflection rarely occurs unless the brackets you use are not genuinely made of Carbon Steel brackets.

2. They use the Mercedes AMG brembo 4-piston pads. They are OEM specifications so they are easily aquired. I believe brembo, EBC, Pagid and other aftermarket brake pads company makes them.

3. If you have read their descriptions, you will notice they use 700 degree Ceramic Pads as standard equipped with the kits. Ceramic does not have heavy metallic compounds ingredients in them. This means that the kit will not make sqeeling noises. Sqeeling noises are related to the content of the brake pads and has nothing to do brackets nor does properly made carbon steel brackets has the power/ability to make any type of vibration or deflections.

So in conclusion, if no one here tried their kit yet, I wouldn't make any positive or negative comments without having the extended knowledge about brakes.

laterz~;)

Well the squeeling actually isn't related to the compound of the pads in all cases. As I said deflection of both the brackets and the vibration of the pads will also cause squeeling.

At this price point, do you think the brackets and materials used is going to be top notch?

That is the point most of us have been trying to make here.

-mike

Every manufacter has to start somewhere, and somebody has to give them a chance or nobody would be making anything...

...and usually they start in the track, sponsor a car or team, make a name for themselves...and not peddle their products on ebay :spin:

Archived