LegacyGT.com

Levorg Love

Claw

One of the great things they've done on the Levorg that most motoring journos would miss is that they've changed from 5x100 to 5x114.3 for the wheelstud PCD. About time. Now it'll be far easier to get decent sized wheels.

"...the Levorg is about the size of the last Legacy Wagon sold in the U.S. (2005)." Maybe they're just referring to the 4th gen as a whole. But 07 was the last year for the wagon, right?

Outback XT went to 07 but the Legacy wagon only to 05. Both are 4th Gen. I'd love to get my hands on a Levorg, though I really do wish they'd throw in the same 6-speed SI as the WRX. I'm really not a fan of the CVT. I rode in a new Forrester XT that has the same set up and I'm just too bored with nothing to shift with.

I'd love to get my hands on a Levorg, though I really do wish they'd throw in the same 6-speed SI as the WRX. I'm really not a fan of the CVT. I rode in a new Forrester XT that has the same set up and I'm just too bored with nothing to shift with.

Agreed. I have no interest in smoothness, better mpg, or any other reason they use to try and sell CVTs. I like manually shifting gears...with a clutch pedal. Nothing against the CVT, but give me a proper manual every time, even with a 40 mile daily commute with plenty of shifting and stop and go traffic!

Agreed. I have no interest in smoothness, better mpg, or any other reason they use to try and sell CVTs. I like manually shifting gears...with a clutch pedal. Nothing against the CVT, but give me a proper manual every time, even with a 40 mile daily commute with plenty of shifting and stop and go traffic!

With the way Subaru designs their cars and drivetrains, it should be a piece of cake to offer a manual gearbox in the Levorg.

I've often wondered why Subaru doesn't leverage this commonality across models as a way to sell more customized one-off cars. They know there's a massive, loyal following where many buyers are into the aftermarket modifications or swapping gearboxes, etc... sounds to me like it would be an advantage and help with sales.

FWIW, from one of Subaru execs in ROW, Levorg is JDM/EDM item only. At this point there are no plans to offer it in USA.

I think SOA is able to drive the point with Fuji that USDM "hates" wagons. Come to think of it, since 2007 SOA dropped Legacy Wagon and WRX wagon, then WRX hatchback and STI hatchback. CUV are the game now.

It sad, I'd buy Levorg/WRX hatchback. Until then I'll have to baby my 05 LGT Wagon...

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

The all knowing and all powerful Oz?

No, just a ten year Subaru tech. We had the "engineers" from SOA here yesterday to look at a car, and the Asian one insisted while pointing at a picture of the Levorg, that it was coming to America soon. ;)

Who are these "engineers" and why are they walking around in quotations?

Where is 'here' ?

What car were they coming to look at & why did they travel all that distance? They don't have cars where they work?

the Asian engineer (who might actually be an Executive?) pointing at a picture was taken to mean the Levorg is coming, that's it?? Or did he actually say something definitive?

most importantly, WHEN? :eek:

so much question :confused:

No, just a ten year Subaru tech. We had the "engineers" from SOA here yesterday to look at a car, and the Asian one insisted while pointing at a picture of the Levorg, that it was coming to America soon. ;)

One more thing. Tell SOA to change the name from Levorg to Grovel, or Hildegaard TurboFour XT iPlus, or Passionfruit or something. If they're gonna pick another horrendous name for a great car, let them have a lil' fun with it at least

or simply, "WRX now offered in sedan or wagon"

Thanks for following up on that :D

Ill believe it when I see it, and dont believe it, at all. I hope im wrong;)

Archived