LegacyGT.com

Stock center section restriction??

LegacyDan

Hi guys I'm thinking of changing up my exhaust system. Current setup is:

Equal length twinscroll headers and up pipe

3" Millek resonated Dp with cat in lower section

Fujitsubo cat back system.

Im looking to make it quieter, and maybe smaller diameter tips. So I'm wondering could I get away with going back to stock center y section with some aftermarket sti genome or similar mufflers. Anyone know how that would affect performance? I don't mind loosing a few HP to quiten things down a bit.

I've seen really good results with aftermarket mid / Y-pipes and stock cans. A resonator will certainly remove some of the raspy sound, if that's the issue.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Install a vibrant ultra quiet resonator in the midpipe, really cuts the decibels.

I'll have to check and see if I have room for another resonator. The one in the cat back section if pretty large already. Is it better to have resonator closer to mufflers or downpipe?

It fits right about centered in the midpipe, but it's a little tight. As for where a theoretical best place to install it I am not sure but I would think further toward the end of the exhaust system would be best for flow purposes as it will slow the gasses exiting the exhaust a bit.

Archived