LegacyGT.com

Tuning on a 2011 Legacy 3.6R

I am looking for any information on a reputable shop that can alter the factory tune on my 3.6R. I am hoping to gain a little in performance however my biggest concern is that he, Luc, is running fat all the time. I am in Edmonton Ab. and would seriouly consider driving up to 8 hours one way to have Luc's program re-wrote by a professional.

Any help that you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Outlaw57

I am looking for any information on a reputable shop that can alter the factory tune on my 3.6R. I am hoping to gain a little in performance however my biggest concern is that he, Luc, is running fat all the time. I am in Edmonton Ab. and would seriouly consider driving up to 8 hours one way to have Luc's program re-wrote by a professional.

Any help that you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Outlaw57

The performance gain you get on 3.6R from tuning is less significant compare to GT models.. What I would say is try the throttle control unit. It will change how your car react to your throttle input rather differently.

Mr. Sakkaro,

I am not looking for performance gains here I am looking to have the "fat or rich" condition looked at and validated that it is needed or just plain overkill from the factory. The reaction that I currently get from the throttle control unit is not perfect however I have learned "how" to drive the car as is. I am still interested in knowing if there is anyone that can review and adjust the factory tune within 8 hours drive of Edmonton, Ab. Any help on this is appreciated.

Regards,

Outlaw57

As far as the rich condition lets start with the basics, how do you know its running rich? You burning through tanks at an alarming rate? Raw fuel in the tail pipe? Any CELs? Backfiring?

I would inspect your AFR,O2 and MAF sensors make sure the physical plug in intact and not cracked allowing air to enter. After that look into getting your injectors flow tested sometimes they malfunction. Basically look into all the easier culprits before exploring the unknown :)

I know the EZ30R has been tuned by many folks. The EZ36R has only been tune by a handful of people in the world :( If you buy yourself a Tactrix 2.0 cable and pull a copy of you ECU, post it to the Romraider site, someone may be able to tweak it for you. Seeing as the tune is do or die (explode) :lol: I would find a shop that has a good rep with tuning Subarus and start a conversation about getting your car tuned.

GEE-OTTO & dgoodhue,

Thanks for the information. I will make my query to LightSpeed in Red Deer, Ab. and see if they can do the download and re-configure. I understand the need for the "definitions" however I do not know enough about obtaining them etc. so I will let those that know how, do it.

Appreciate your help gents.

Regards,

Outlaw57

GEE-OTTO & dgoodhue,

Thanks for the information. I will make my query to LightSpeed in Red Deer, Ab. and see if they can do the download and re-configure. I understand the need for the "definitions" however I do not know enough about obtaining them etc. so I will let those that know how, do it.

Appreciate your help gents.

Regards,

Outlaw57

If you buy yourself a Tactrix 2.0 cable and pull a copy of you ECU, post it to the Romraider site, someone may be able to tweak it for you. :)

Archived