LegacyGT.com

What RPM does a VF52 make boost?

Long story short... 2005 legacy with an invidia up pipe, cobb catted down pipe, and a vf52 turbo.

I need to drive this car 2.5 hours to the nearest tuner. My plan is to keep the RPMs low and stay out of the boost. Without a boost gage its impossible to know. With that said, what RPM can I expect this car to start making boost?

Just drive it with a little added mechanical empathy on your way to tuner. A little part throttle boost is not going to blow anything up. Enjoy that new turbo!

Ok cool. I think I was giving it a little TOO MUCH mechanical empathy. So no worries cruising down the interstate at 65mph?

I have the same turbo... Love it! Awesome all around power. If you stay below 3500ish you should be fine as long as you dont WOT just use partial throttle and you will be fine

Loop the wastegate actuator hose. That way you'll only see wastegate boost at the most. Get to the dyno hook it up correctly.

Probably a more technical term for what I'm describing but it escapes me.

Mine begins to spool about 2700rpm.

Don't worry, as long as you keep it out of higher rpms you'll be fine. On the highway drive about 65-70mph you'll be fine.

Don't give it lots of throttle.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

ugh no.

Can you tuner get you a base map? and get a boost gauge asap brosef.

I dont have an access port. The tuner is just doing an open source tune. And quite frankley your are the first of about 10 people I have talked to that think it would be an issue.

Unless the car is making boost the fuel mapping would be no different.

Yea keep the load on the motor to a minimum and if you loop the wastegate vacuum lines the most you'll see is wastegate pressure. I'd swing by the dyno and get some footage but I'm working all day.

Yea keep the load on the motor to a minimum and if you loop the wastegate vacuum lines the most you'll see is wastegate pressure. I'd swing by the dyno and get some footage but I'm working all day.

No sure what you mean by looping the vacume lines.

Just put a piece of vac line from the wastegate actuator nipple to the turbo reference line nipple rather than having the "T" that's OEM with the pill going to the factory BCS; or unplug the two lines going to a 3-port EBCS if you are running that.

http://forums.trinituner.com/upload/data/21/07subaruservicebulletinrk2.jpg

See where the T is, run a hose from the reference point on the cold side to the wastegate actuator.

If you're still using the stock BCS remember the orientation as the boost pill needs to go on a certain side.

You don't NEED to do this. Biggest thing is just keeping the engine at low load.

Archived