LegacyGT.com

05 gt starting problem

OMG your in deep trouble now. You better give that piece of junk to me before it falls apart.

Gee mine with 115,000 miles started hard today too. It was 26F and I haven't driven it since Saturday. But I didn't post a thread here asking about it.

Oh yea, my starter hung in for a bit after I turned the key back to on also. But I'm not going to worry about it. Let alone do anything about it. I may look at the cost of a replacement starter so I know how much money to save up. But I will not buy one from a Stealership, (Dealer)

Either give us more info or don't worry about it.

Was it cranking slow ? Have you replaced the plugs lately or ever ? How many miles ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

62,000 mi. cranking fast. havent changed plugs since i bought it. i used to have a 92 mustang gt, which is about the easiest car to work on. this one, not so much. please cut me some slack for asking a question. thanks.

and im not that worried about it, im just curious.

You should replace the plugs at 60,000 miles.

With Winter coming, that may be something you want to think about. I just had mine done at 114,000 mile because Winter is coming. I replaced my timing belt last Sept at 96,000 miles becauce I didn't want to deal with it during Winter.

Sorry for being jerk....

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

BTW I also just replaced the battery....because Winter is coming and I bought the car late Jun 04. I ski every weekend in VT and don't want any issues when I need the battery the most.

Archived