LegacyGT.com

German Castrol

So after reviewing these threads about Synth Oil, I want to try German Castrol 0w30 out. The problem is...NO ONE has it. Apparently only Autozone carries it, but no Autozone here in SD seems to have it. Doesn't anyone know where I can find this stuff?? Thanks!

Only Autozone carries it. Try calling around to various Autozones in your area and see who has it. My local autozone doesn't carry it, but others not too far away do.

So what is the bottom line price wise?

If it is cheaper than 4.00qt **Mobil1** I'll buy 2-3 cases;)

Just give me the 5qt jugs from wally world

Mobil1...........19.99

Pennzoil platinum.....19.99

Mobil1 EP......24.95

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

I don't think that is it. I think the German Castrol is ONLY 0w30...someone correct me if I am wrong. Also, I think only Wal Marts in Canada stock the stuff...not here in the US. I really think the ONLY spot in the US to get it is Autozone...and its a huge YMMV as well.

The autozone here in Lakeforest carries it, i've bought it there before. I called one day to see if they had any instock. The sales associate i was talking with on the phone had NO CLUE what i was asking for (as with most sales associates!!) well...i dropped in at lunch and they had a couple cases in the back and some out on the floor...

So cold calling may be an option but dropping in on them is the safest bet!!

OUT

~Sucka-Duck~

Not sure if it'll work but there were some threads over on bobistheoilguy.com about having other stores that carry Castrol special order that specific oil. As mentioned it's only the 0w-30 weight and it says "Made in Germany" on the back of the bottle.

Giggidy. Printed out the list of Autozones nearby, and just called them one by one in order (yesterday I just picked the one's that I knew of) Anyways, I scored 6 quarts down on National Ave. They seem to have a large® store, and they had a bunch. However, the first 6 I pulled had the M06 code on the bottom, so I know it is a brand new batch (some of the newest). We'll see how it works out. Following the 6 I pulled they had 2 bottles of the M0501 stuff.(the label says OUT performs on it) According to BITOG they switched from "green" to "gold" between 501 and 502. Then really weird..the rest of the stock was REALLY REALLY old stuff. I am talking M01...I can only guess that is 2001. That stuff wasn't made in Germany either, so I just stuck to the 6 quarts of M06, and got out of there. I don't know if they had more new stuff in the back, but I just grabbed what was on the shelf.

:dm:

The price was 5.49 a quart.

• 1 month later...

Archived