LegacyGT.com

TireRack Michelin X-Ice Xi2 Blowout Sale

mk6933

Saw these and thought its a great deal.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=X-Ice+Xi2&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=05TR7XI2XL&tab=Sizes&SID=4liGUJSsEeKeK0ZqSFMiPQ0_WMvU3_0SM_0_0&AID=10398365&PID=1225267

205/50-17 - $396 for a set of 4 and $70 Rebate = $326 after rebate. Shipping should be around $50.

Other sizes available as well.

Load and speed go from 88V on 2.5i to a 89Y on a GT. The load of the Michelins are fine at 93 but speed rating of T is much lower than what is "Recommended." Not a huge difference but still I'm a tire junky and have seen tires go south when not proper suited for vehicles.
Priorities change when car parts come into the equation

I will tell you when I get mine and install them on OE 2005 Legacy GT wheels.

Krzys

Cool. I'm looking at ice/snow tires for purchase later this year. The new Nokian Hakka R2 and the Michelin Xi3 are my top two choices at this point in time, and neither is available today in the OE size of 215/45R17. I know the R2 will be available in 205/50R17. Michelin customer service could not tell me if the Xi3 will be available in either 205/50R17 or 215/45-17.

I jumped on 205/50R17 Xi2 as they are decent tires and hard to beat at 99 + sh - 70 mail in rebate (for 4).

I bet all new tires will be 150+.

And Legacy becomes my middle daughter college vehicle while I am still looking for replacement.

Currently Focus ST is the leader.

Volvo V60 will not come soon enough and price may be too steep.

WRX is too old.

Krzys

From what I have seen in various tire data sheets, a 205/50R17 tire on a 6.5" wheel and a 215/45R17 tire on a 7" wheel actually have the same section width of 8.4". I don't know if the tread width is the same, because it was not shown in the data sheet.

• I Donated
I jumped on 205/50R17 Xi2 as they are decent tires and hard to beat at 99 + sh - 70 mail in rebate (for 4).

I bet all new tires will be 150+.

And Legacy becomes my middle daughter college vehicle while I am still looking for replacement.

Currently Focus ST is the leader.

Volvo V60 will not come soon enough and price may be too steep.

WRX is too old.

Krzys

I drove a brz last weekend and it was incredible, give that a shot

I have a brochure for BRZ. It is a little too sport oriented.

Still 5 people in family and a dog.

The other cars: Volvo S40, Passat Wagon (10+ years old).

The V60 would be perfect but it will be available too late. We will need new car by September.

Krzys

Hmm. Ive had 3 bubbles now on my Dunlop Winter Sport M3's and 2 need replacing. Time for some new winters.

215/60/17 for $274 OR

205/50/17 for $326

Might as well order em now and save.

Anyone running wither of these sizes have input?

I will as soon as I mount them.

If you find later than mine (05), I think Subaru started using the same wheels on regular 2.5i Legacies in 2008, regular Legacy it should have OE Yokohama of some sort in 205/50R17 size.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?tireIndex=0&autoMake=Subaru&autoYear=2008&autoModel=Legacy+Sedan+2.5I+Limited&autoModClar=With+OE+Metal+Valve+Stems&width=205/&ratio=50&diameter=17&sortCode=49400&skipOver=true&minSpeedRating=H&minLoadRating=S&tab=OE&filterType=oe

I am planning to kill my old TS810 winter tires before real summer starts. 1/32 to go or so.

Krzys

I will as soon as I mount them.

If you find later than mine (05), I think Subaru started using the same wheels on regular 2.5i Legacies in 2008, regular Legacy it should have OE Yokohama of some sort in 205/50R17 size...........Krzys

I thought they were using the 205/50R17 on a 6.5" wheel, but after researching this a little, you are right, it is being used with a 7" wheel. Right now I have 215/45R17 tires on a 7.5" wheel, and it looks slightly stretched. My winter 215/45R17 tires on a 7.0" wheel look slightly fat.

Archived