LegacyGT.com

Car Unhappy? Help Please

GetShacked808

• Mega Users
Looks like knock everywhere. You don't really need to log requested torque or any of the maf stuff. Log FLKC and FBKC since that will give you a better idea of exactly where it is pulling timing. You should probably stop doing wot runs until you figure it out.

There was no knock in the log. Reflash that thing to reset the ecu. You are pulling timing and adding timing. Something is odd. What year is the car? Need to get it back to a fresh flash and relearn. Get to 1.0 then do a log. If it does not get to 1.0 then start looking for mechanical issues.

The log is not perfect because IAM is down. But you have no knock events in the log and timing is not being pulled.

• Mega Users
Don't the values in learning view mean that it is already pulling several degrees of timing already? That would explain why there is no knock in the log. A -6 in learning view means it has learned to pull 6 deg of timing to prevent knock.

Only in that RPM and load range.

He is at WOT, RPM rising and load climbing too (in the log). He is not in that range (of -6).

LV shows it is pulling and adding timing. This is caused by the low IAM. I (ECU) is seeing something it does not like. But the knock is not showing up at WOT. Not with the way the ECU is reacting now. That is why he needs to get a baseline again.

Get it back to .5 (thats where it should start). See if it can learn and get back to 1.0. if you cant get to 1.0, start looking for the issues.

But because of how messed up the LV is now, the log does not help as much. 10 deg of timing at max boost is not good. That is low. ECU is obviously pulling timing across the board already (IAM).

I noticed a few odd things in your log. First, your MAF g/s readings fluctuate. If you're at WOT it should climb with your engine RPM. Your timing also hits its "low" point and is suppose to go up, without any drops. Your boost is also not consistant and fluctuates instead of a gradual decline after peak boost. Your AFR numbers are not terrible, but you need to adjust your timing and probably other parameters. Is this a map you made, or from a tune/web map? Also, what mods do you have?

• Mega Users
If I understand it correctly (correct me if I'm wrong), then when it goes beyond a certain amount of timing being pulled, it changes the IAM. The positive numbers are timing being added back in to the pulled timing. It just shows up as positive because it changed the scale. So if you have positive numbers and a lower IAM, it has still pulled timing there, but is adding it back in. I just want to make sure I understand it correctly because that would explain the low timing and the lack of knock at WOT. Either way, I agree that it should be reset and logged to catch the knock before the ECU starts pulling timing so you know the exact conditions.

Yes. The ECU is now compensating for the IAM being below 1. It pulled timing across the board. Then pulled some more, and gave some back. But none the less, it is not good.

Logan saw the same things I did, but commented more. I am not sure of WG duty and the tune in general. So, I just asked for a reset. I guess a better question might have been "Is this a map you made, or from a tune/web map? Also, what mods do you have?"

OP never did say what mods and tune. From boost it is not OEM.

If Logan can assist. I can step away. He is a more experienced tuner than I am. Thats why I let Shamar do the tuning. I can make the cars run safely. But I do not have the experience, knowledge and skill that "real" tuners have.

I am better with a wrench.

Archived