LegacyGT.com

CEL and Flashing Cruise during Heavy Acceleration

My 2005 3.0R (119k miles) has been throwing a CEL lately. I vaguely remember it happening once last summer, but the car still ran fine so I just parked it and came out the next morning and the CEL had reset itself.

Well this past weekend I was in Virginia on Skyline Drive and I accelerated hard in third and got sudden hesitation, CEL, flashing cruise. So I'm thinking misfire?

The car drove fine for the 4 hour drive home, I parked it overnight, came out the next day, and no CEL.

This morning coming to work, I had to floor it to cross a street quickly, and it threw the CEL and flashing cruise again, but there was no hesitation.

I know I should go get the code pulled, but I bet that when I leave work today it will have reset.

So oh wise ones... Ideas?

(And yes, I search for "CEL HEAVY ACCELERATION")

I got out of work late tonight, but I popped the hood and check the plug, and sure enough it wasn't plugged in tight. I have no idea how it would have come loose, but its in the whole way now. CEL still came on, but I'm sure the ECU will reset my tomorrow morning. Hopefully that's all it is!

Archived