LegacyGT.com

06 LGT - Price?

liquidx

So I just went and test drove a blue with tan interiior 06 LGT Limited at a SoCal Subaru stealership.

The good - It doive well. It seems to have a stiffer clutch than what I am coming from (honda oem). I'm not sure if it was aftermarket or not. But it was streetable if it was aftermarket. The suspension felt very good and tight. Seems like it might have been modified? I don't know. I haven't driven an 06 LGT before. I have driven the 2010 LGT Limited and that thing was very tame while this 06 felt more fun. Interior is mostly in good condition. Exterior is in good condition. Blemishes here and there but no big issues. Engine bay was very clean. It felt very good throughout the powerband.

1 owner. Carfax showed service reports for that dealership and no accidents.

The bad - The brakes felt weak for some reason. Might just need new pads. The center armrest wouldn't latch down properly. It just kind of floated there. The driver vanity mirror cover was broken as well. One headlamp is new and one is ugly and yellow. Not sure what happeend there.

Price. Asking $17999 which totaled $19xxx out the door. I offered $14k for the value of the car and then 16k out the door. No dice. They came down to $18xxx (high 18s) out the door. Sales guy was like yea I'm being honest with you I don't have that much of a margin to work on the price. BS. I walked out.

This is the only nice LGT that I found so far in SoCal. I need to look harder but I don't have huge time frame for a vehicle. My car was deemed a total loss and I need to get into something quick so I can get to work.

Anyone have a LGT in SoCal they are selling? :lol:

Thoughts/Comments?

Be patient. I had a hard time finding mine. You didn't mention how many miles which will play a role in how much it will cost. Seems to have a couple of cosmetic problems. I got a pretty flawless cosmetically '06 LGT w/ 42K miles for under $16K. I'm not sure what they go for in your area but that would be really high around where I am. Try going on Edmunds.com and find the True Value and try to negotiate using that number. That number you get isn't going to be the most accurate as I paid almost a $1000 over what it said. That's just because New England loves the turbocharged Subarus and if I didn't buy it, then knew someone else would soon.

Oh sorry I had just got home from the dealer and had a major headache. I wasn't thinking straight yesterday night. The car has approx 70k miles.

Oh yea. I tossed the Edmunds cost around. Dealer retail via Edmunds is $14.5k.

The price of $18k out the door was after taxes and registration so the LGT's price was at $16270 or so. I can try to bring the car cost before taxes down to $16k. :lol:

I hate this game. I don't have time to be playing games. I'm stuck in a sh*tty rental (Toyota Corolla...ok its not that bad but it is an auto :lol: ) and I won't have it after Saturday due to an insurance clause stating 5 days from when they deem my vehicle to be a total loss, they will no longer cover the rental. My employer is located 30 minutes via surface roads (15min highway assuming no CA traffic) from where I live. I have no vehicle to borrow nor any public transportation that travels my route (stupid CA urban sprawl)

I know NE loves Subarus. I'm originally from Boston and know how well Subarus drive in inclement weather. :) But now I am stuck in sunny SoCal. :lol: le sigh...

I know NE loves Subarus. I'm originally from Boston and know how well Subarus drive in inclement weather. :) But now I am stuck in sunny SoCal. :lol: le sigh...

Oh how awful! How in the world are you getting through all that sun?!:lol:

Well that puts you in quite a predicament then to buy a car. Especially since buying a car is a big purchase and shouldn't be rushed, but in this case you don't have too much of a choice. I would try craigslist to see what you can find. I don't know much about California or where cities are but here's one from San Diego (not sure how close that is to you)

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/ctd/2011802278.html

After reading your description of the car is this it? haha

They can go down by $1000 I'd say.

Well, in all honesty after labor day weekend, it was either cloudy, raining or drizzling up until today. This morning was gray but the sun poked out after lunch. :) But yea no winters or springs....just summer and some fall. I need to move back East. :lol:

Are you stalking my car? :lol: Yep that's the one I am looking at. Yea they've already come down as I said in my last posting. I just want to push it further down. :lol: I will try again tomorrow.

Craigslist hasn't been that great for LGTs out in my area. Either they out of my price range or they are automatics. le sigh...

I found mine by searching the dealer sites. Actually I found one on craigslist (it was an '08) for $15K with 40K miles which was way lower than I've seen it anywhere. Sure enough, it was too good to be true, the car just rode awful. Engine sounded terrible, brakes were so bad, suspension was messed up. So I ran away from that car! I went home defeated after that incident and went onto dealer sites and looked at what I though was a 2.5i as it was labeled as such. I looked at pictures of the rear of the car and it read 2.5GT, I jumped into my car and straight to the dealer and the rest is history!

This is a bit out of your price range but if I had this car around me I would have probably bought it:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=288554462&dealer_id=100020418&car_year=2007&rdm=1287789397633&lastStartYear=1981&model=LEGACY&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=2005&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=50&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&sownerid=57595066&showZipError=y&make=SUB&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=newsortbyprice_DESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=92101&advanced=&end_year=2007&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=7&standard=false&rdpage=thumb

Dealer prices on used Subaru's in CA are nuts. If you don't want to pay the crazy prices, you probably have to travel or wait for a private party sale. Have you considered a new Subaru?

When I was looking last year, the dealer wanted $18k for an 05 LGT with 50k miles. I went to a different dealer and found a new 2009 LGT for $26k with 0% financing.

Currently listed LGTs in NorCal:

2007 LGT 60k, Certified, $19k (dealer)

2006 LGT 82k, $16k (dealer)

2005 LGT 60k, $13k (private)

2008 LGT 21k, Certified, $25k (dealer)

2006 LGT 62k, $17.5k (dealer)

2005 LGT 74k, $15k (used car lot)

2005 LGT 92k, $13k (used car lot)

Haha, I did pick it up just a couple of months ago. I think I would trade it for a bigger automatic car, something like a M35x. So sexy. I love the Legacy. My lower back does hurt sitting in it though, It's probably just my crappy back though and not the way the seats are. I definitely wouldn't spend that much money on a car with 70k miles.

I'm itching to get out of the rental though. :lol: But I may have to keep it until I find a vehicle that I like.

I have considered a new 2010 LGT Limited and a 2011 WRX. The 2010 LGT didn't feel very fun to me. It is overall bigger and kinda blah. It does have power and everything but I wasn't too impressed. The 2011 WRX felt ok. The only thing that put a smile on my face was the exhaust note. :lol: Power was there but the suspension felt loose and the car felt tall.

I'm definitely liking the 4th gen LGTs.

Dealer prices on used Subaru's in CA are nuts. If you don't want to pay the crazy prices, you probably have to travel or wait for a private party sale. Have you considered a new Subaru?

When I was looking last year, the dealer wanted $18k for an 05 LGT with 50k miles. I went to a different dealer and found a new 2009 LGT for $26k with 0% financing.

I'll sell you mine for 17k with 42k miles, you'll just have to make a little drive :) haha. Seems a little high for the mileage that is on the car I would say.

For 17k I hope its transported to CA. :p I can't make a trip to drive the car back. No vacation days at work...:(

watch movies online

Archived