LegacyGT.com

Get more people to join....

Have you thought about talking to Subaru to let you access the database of Subaru Legacy Owners in N.A, Canada, Europe, Japan. Perhaps they could help you do a mailing....

It seems to me that these boards inspire brand loyalty, something that Subaru loves because it brings people back time and time again. If they could get people to join here, that would translate into many more sales.

In turn, more people here = more advertising dollars and more participation in general. Give me a PM if you'd like to talk. I'd be interested in approaching Subaru with this idea with you through my company.

Garret

the last thing that subaru wants is for its legacy customers to get together sueing it over the stinky clutch, or the stupid a/c system. i mean, go to edmunds.com and see how happy other subaru owners are (some of them even find the stock tires very good!), compared to the whiners here...

as always, the less you know, the less you have to worry about, and the happier you are.

This Space For Rent

Good point, but I think you're wrong. The vast majority of this board inspires brand loyalty. Idiots are always going to bitch about something, but I guarantee Subaru would (and does) see this site as an asset.

I don't think that would be a good idea. IIRC - Wasn't it Mitsubishi that found some EVO owners website and turned down their warranty because of the list of mods that were posted. Subaru already has their own website - mysubaru.com I think most people who own a LGT and are able to do a search should find this site easily. I did.

my.subaru.com is pretty lame though. The only thing it seems to offer is a way to track your scheduled maintance and be alerted on recalls. It does't offer a message board or any other advantage beyond what any other Subaru owner has. And its only available if you bought your car new it seems. If you bought it used then the site isn't available to you. Maybe I'm wrong on that, but either way it really isn't that useful of a site. The only reason I ever go to it is to remind myself what my VIN is when I need it from time to time. LGT.com is a much better resource for the enthusiast than it is as a direct communication with Subaru. While it would be nice if Subaru had a message board where one could vent their concern about the stinky clutch and warped side mirrors, they probably won't ever open themselves up to the public like that. You know the answer to every post would be to take your car to a dealership to document the problem and then deal with it that way.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived