LegacyGT.com

I am devestated, crushed...

My 3 mo. old 2006 LGT MT was decimated yesterday on my way home from work! Some old man in a PT loser crashed into me doing 40! I was going 5-10 in traffic when all of a sudden I was smacked, hard.

I now have a sore back, a gash in my head and a totaled LGT with 4k on the odo. too boot, I live in FL and there were only 2 black/black LGTs in the state…the car took me like 3 mos. of looking to find the right one....

I was told the insurance company will give me what it is valued at NOT what I owe....

So it looks as though I will be out of pocket a few Gs…any ideas on this. I can see GAP ins. being needed if it was my fault but it was NOT....so I have to suffer....thanks, pal.

I guess I need to start looking, again. Woe is me!

suby1.jpg.efd09d0392c01541af10169570a8e3fd.jpg

suby2.jpg.0b49cc58348bcf6f97c6488dd1be706a.jpg

suby3.jpg.c129585b18e72bdcb5a169bd38175b30.jpg

suby4.jpg.0c1211a12ae2a9cdfebfbc1c76c35727.jpg

suby5.jpg.eb86abcf3052cb38a79903afd1ac3166.jpg

suby6.jpg.d9e05e4a2dd57d49acd712dcb404fa5e.jpg

Rehab is for quitters.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off, I'm very sorry for your loss. I'm glad to hear that you weren't more seriously injured in such a severe crash.

I don't know if it's the same in all states, but if a car is totalled in NY, you can buy the car back from the insurance company for some very low amt of money (there's actually a term for it that I can't remember). If this is the case in FL, you could pay them that money, then part out the car. Given the impact, I would imagine there's a LOT you can salvage.

Whats up with the Legacy being a target these days, thats a couple in just a week? I Hope you turn out physically OK, and that they insurance company doesn't raise your rates for this not being your fault. That would be bullshit.

Buy the car back from insurance, and part it out. You'll make your Extra G's back if you have the time to do this.

Sorry to hear that man. You are alive, although batered and bruised. You appear to have somewhat serious injuries (gash in head sounds pretty serious to me, and back pain is very debilitating). Are you getting treatment? Physical therapy? If not, should consider it....dont try to be "tough" on this. His insurance company should pay for all your medical bills (they may even do it before hiring an atty).

I would strongly suggest you retain a reputable personal injury attorney. Note that most reputable PI atty's are not listed in the yellow pages, but are known by other attorneys in the community (most good PI firms dont even advertise). If you know an atty, ask him for a referral. The atty will not cost you a penny, since the fee arrangement is usually that the keep 1/3 of any monies you recover (minus costs, which will be paid out from the settlement or judgment). A PI atty will represent you against any claim against HIS insurance company, and determine whether you are entitled to recover any damages for your personal injuries. Typically, rear enders are open a shut cases, where liability almost always will fall against the person who hit you from behind.

Good luck.

I assume that it is his insurance that is going to pay for your car? This guy rear ended you?

Get a lawyer, now. You should not be out 1 penny. Matter of fact, the other insurance company should be kissing your a$$ hoping you don't sue.

I'm not advocating a windfall or huge settlement or even anything punitive but, you got hit, your medical condition and your car situation should be made whole.

If it is your insurance, then you stil should go after the other guys insurance to cover any differences in payment.

Sorry about your situation. I've been there. No fun.

My 2 cents...

The insurance company tells you what THEY want to pay, not what they may eventually pay. You were somewhat injured, hugely inconvenienced and your prized car has been ruined... don't just take what they initially offer, that's not the way negotiations work.

One useful approach is to say the word "Lawyer" to the soul crusher..er.. claims adjuster who's talking about offering you used wholesale for the car you recently bought new. The insurance company's goal is to keep as much money as they can, and if you involve a lawyer it will cost them significantly more, so they may come across with a more reasonable offer right away.

Once when I was hit by an insured person, the claims company for his backwoods insurance company seemed to be getting points from the insurer for dragging out the process... they wouldn't even come look at the car. I told them *MY* insurance company would pay for it if they didn't want to, and State Farm has lots of lawyers with nothing better to do with their day than figure out how to get the money out of them. Interestingly enough the claims adjuster called to schedule an appointment within an hour of my sending that fax.

Just remember that no matter whose insurance company is paying, they are NOT on your side.

Glad to hear you are OK! Too bad for the car though....On the brightside, you should be able to get into a '07 SpecB?:icon_bigg

And as far as being out for the ACV vs. replacement value, the person that rear ended you should be held responsible for that!

I'm sorry to hear of your woes man. Hope you start feeling better soon. As far as you being out of a few Gs...it will not happen if you handle everythign accordingly. They should cover your expenses completely, provide for lost value when a car is damaged, and in your case, should pay off the loan since you are upside down because of THEIR client, and no fault of your own. If the prick would have stopped, you wouldn't have been in the situation to be upside down. Make them pay out their asses. I'm not saying make them pay you extra, but make sure you get money for the car, money for treatments, and money for injury and trauma. You should monetarily be ahead after everything is said and done, never in the hole. GLuck w/ everything.

oh man, I'm sorry. I had an accident a few months ago but yours is worse. I'd say talk to a lawyer. Most important thing is you're ok.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Damn man- sorry to see the state of the car, but glad you're OK. Now go break that old bastards' hip!

sympathies for your loss and terribly sorry to hear about your injuries.

Now get to the quacks and recover fully, get an attorney if needed and then go buy a 07 Spec B and thank the old man for:

a) not killing u

b) getting u a nice settlement, paying ur medical bills and an 07 Spec B

c) being an idiot in the 1st place by hitting u

Best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery

:eek: Holy shi+ that looks BAD!!!!!!!! Glad to hear you're "ok". Get legal representation asap, not to "sue" for more than is reasonable, but to make sure you don't get porked by the other guy's insurance co. Okay, on a more serious not, what kind of clubs were in the trunk and were they severely damaged?:icon_wink j/k, get well, find another B on B and be vigilant for the blue-hairs driving chrysler products.:(
Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

Firstly, glad you're ok this is what's important. Secondly get a lawyer to resolve this issue. You should not be out of ANY amount of money on a 4 month old car that was damaged due to someone else's negligence. Glad Canada automatically slaps GAP insurance on the policy whenever a car less than 2 years old comes in. When I lost my RSX it was about 30 grand CDN at the time of purchase. I received a check in the mail for exactly that amount. On your next car, add GAP to your policy, I don't think it's that much on top of your policy.

Wow! Glad to hear you're ok, albeit a little battered. Yes, listen to the advise of everyone here and get yourself to a lawyer ASAP. On Personal Injury cases like this, they don't charge a penny, they get paid at the end of the case/settlement.

It's true that most insurance companies will use Blue Book/Nada Guide car values to determine the value of your car. When buying a new car, it's generally a good idea to purchase gap insurance for the first few years of ownership due to the fact that you generally owe more on the car than what it's worth in the market.

With that being said, a good attorney can help you negotiate a fair Pain and Suffering settlement to not only pay for the medical bills, but also assist you with any extra costs you may incur down the line.

I used to work as a PI paralegal and now work for an Insurance Company. Feel free to PM me if you have any additional questions.

First off, I'm very sorry for your loss. I'm glad to hear that you weren't more seriously injured in such a severe crash.

I don't know if it's the same in all states, but if a car is totalled in NY, you can buy the car back from the insurance company for some very low amt of money (there's actually a term for it that I can't remember). If this is the case in FL, you could pay them that money, then part out the car. Given the impact, I would imagine there's a LOT you can salvage.

!YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SELL YOUR CAR TO THEM!

This is a misconception the car is never the insurance company's unless you accept the salvage value of the car. Often times this is next to nothing. I would suggest you tell them you want to keep the car, and reduce the check by whatever that amount is.

Steven

Archived