LegacyGT.com

Will I need any other supporting mods??

Greetings LGT guys and gals! I finally made a purchase on a catless Invidia DP, grimmspeed uppipe, and 3 port EBCS along with all new gaskets. Will install myself and go for a tune at 6 star motorsports by spring...My question... is it necessary for injectors and fuel pump as well to maximize the parts i will be installing? I am on stock turbo and no catback as I want to be stealthy...thanks!

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

hope you have a coob tune for now.. your going to throw codes all the time . and its prob not going to run well till you get tuned

i just did a cat back, catless dp, sti up pipe... on a cobb stage 2 ots map.. runs great ... i cant imagine doing that then not having a tune at all ...

o and your going to love the sound of the turbo after you do that catless dp ... love how mine sounds

think our injectors can give the stock turbo all it can handle flow wise .. dont think we need injectors till we go bigger turbo

Many ppl at stage 2 go with a fuel pump for a piece of mind. However, it's not a must have at all. especially since you have a newer 4th gen.

You dont really need the ebcs either.

If you could find a good deal on the tmic, your car will benefit from that a bit. Otherwise, most ppl dont touch their tmic's at stage 2.

Why would you replace the up pipe? 07-09 were catless.... So no benefit in replacing the up whatsoever.

In an 08, all you really need is a downpipe, and a tune. Personally, i would take the other money you have set aside for your up, ebcs, etc... and get endlinks and sway bars, so you can control your new found HP a bit more.

• Moderators

What others have said--no need for UP, and no need for fuel mods at this point. Regarding the EBCS, you should really ask your tuner rather than folks here. That will be the most important factor in weather or not you should install that bit. For your intercooler, see my signature.

Make sure you have all new gaskets as well. If you nix the UP, you'll only need a DP-to-turbo gasket and possibly a new donut gasket for the DP-to-midpipe connection. Do you have an adapter if required for that connection? I believe the invidia DP is 3" and the stock midpipe will be 2.5".

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Archived