LegacyGT.com

what are legacy gt 08 stock tires?

Don't tell me this is another one of those threads about how much the RE92's really suck...

I think everyone except Subaru knows that.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

umm didnt you just buy an 08 LGT? you dont know what the tires are? :confused:

they may be aftermarket tires on the car, or he thinks they may be.

I was going to link to cars101.com but he only lists the tire size, unless i missed it somewhere...

i have an 09 legacy gt . always assumed potenza was a quality tire, but these feel squirlly. first rain was yesterday in the bay area. i got on the phone with big o while driving. they were not to sure about the biggest size i can fit on this model. anyone know? i came from an outback so i like meat on the rim.would like to go with goodyear asssurance tires.

Bridgestone makes some great tires. The STi and the Spec B tires are great.

The RE-92's are built more for comfort and low noise than all out grippy performance, and the LGT is too powerful and heavy and should have come with a better performing tire from the factory.

RE92's kill bunnies

which actually reminds me...... We had a legacy in the shop the other day that had 18's on it..... with RE92's. That means this person went out of their way to get new RE92's for their car. $180 each from Tirerack. They also have it in 265/60/18... what car does that go on, and why?

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

After all this bashing of the Stock RE-92's i was just sure that first snowfall i'd hate the tires and be looking for dedicated winter wheels and tires now.

the white crap came out today. about 1-1/2 tops.

so out to play i go. I've driven with much worse tires IMO...

sure they may not be the best tires out there, but there are certainly worse tires.

Granted i was getting the car a tad sideways on purpose...

traction in the slush was fine, stopping was fine. to be honest, my blazer handles much worse than the LGT in the white crap.

Sure i'm planning on replacing both tires and wheels next summer, but these will be just fine till then.

which actually reminds me...... We had a legacy in the shop the other day that had 18's on it..... with RE92's. That means this person went out of their way to get new RE92's for their car. $180 each from Tirerack. They also have it in 265/60/18... what car does that go on, and why?

maybe they got them from a 3.0R owner, they come with 18s and RE92s

rim protectors from the factory they are only to be used to get to the nearest tire store so you can replace them

My stock Yokohama's are the worst tires I ever had. Definitely the wagon is too heavy for these. Even a small pothole...makes the rims sound like they are going to crack.

I try to over-inflate to compensate...but still doesn't help that much.

Archived