LegacyGT.com

How do you?

How do you properly drive your LGT fast through cornors? How do you properly maintain a driving line going fast through a cornor? Do you swing the wheel a certian way to get rid of understeer? Can you power oversteer with awd? How can u cure understeer?

Since this is my first awd drive car I am not used to the driving characteristics of the LGT.

These are the things I must know. Enlighten me LGT board.

OR fail.:spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin:

Best way is to train on a slippery surface where nothing is in the way to get the idea of how you steer the car through the use of throttle, brakes and steering wheel.

Training, training and more training.

One device that's useful is the skidcar device: http://www.skidcar.com/ or http://www.skidcar.se/?MenID=3751&ID=1971

http://www.skidcar.se/inkl/ImageHandler.aspx?KundID=1971&File=sc_5.jpg&Size=800

453747.png

get your a$$ to a track event at road america. If you want to know how your car handles at the limits and how to improve upon that safely, do it on a track. Its a blast and you'll be hooked.
ignore him, he'll go away.

get your a$$ to a track event at road america. If you want to know how your car handles at the limits and how to improve upon that safely, do it on a track. Its a blast and you'll be hooked.

Agreed! That is the best and safest way to become ONE with your car and see what she can do!

How do you properly drive your LGT fast through cornors? How do you properly maintain a driving line going fast through a cornor? Do you swing the wheel a certian way to get rid of understeer? Can you power oversteer with awd? How can u cure understeer?

Since this is my first awd drive car I am not used to the driving characteristics of the LGT.

These are the things I must know. Enlighten me LGT board.

agreed, pay $$ and attend a auto-x or a track day, it sounds like youre asking us advice on how to drive on the roads like a jackass thru corners at high speed.

i mean how fast exactly are you driving that youre worrying about understeering into a ditch? I drive like a sane human being and seem to manage most corners just fine by turning the wheel and applying brakes when needed.

I think one of the worst things about the drifting craze is its given a new generation of kids inspiration to drive like stupid ***holes in inappropriate places. They watch stuff like Initial D and go 'hey i'm going to try that on public mtn roads too!'.

This ones for you McCorry normal I would be a jack ass to this guy because he is a tool but you are teaching me the right way ;)
Thanks, even though it was to Steve and not me, and I agree w/ you ;)
:spin:

Okay the starwars jokes were pretty lame as were the Fast N furious jokes.:mad:

So, basically I should take my car to an autocross and find its limits there and find out how it reacts to different cornors and weight shifts?:spin:

Do not try to bend the Legacy; that's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth. There is no Legacy. Then you'll see, that it is not the Legacy that bends, it is only yourself. ;)

let me get some of whatever you're smoking! ahah :lol:

Okay the starwars jokes were pretty lame as were the Fast N furious jokes.:mad:

So, basically I should take my car to an autocross and find its limits there and find out how it reacts to different cornors and weight shifts?:spin:

just spend some time in it. i dont know where some people are getting the idea that you're driving like a hooligan... i thought it was a valid question. (actually one i asked in one of my first posts)

cant really describe in words though. just take some time in it. autocross, find an empty parking lot, or go canyon carving (at a reasonable pace for a person unfamiliar with the car)

if you dont like the understeer get a different alignment, or get some stiffer rear sway bars, lower the car, etc.

if you're on stock tires I would swap them out if i were in your shoes

car for sale. PM me!

just spend some time in it. i dont know where some people are getting the idea that you're driving like a hooligan... i thought it was a valid question. (actually one i asked in one of my first posts)

cant really describe in words though. just take some time in it. autocross, find an empty parking lot, or go canyon carving (at a reasonable pace for a person unfamiliar with the car)

if you dont like the understeer get a different alignment, or get some stiffer rear sway bars, lower the car, etc.

if you're on stock tires I would swap them out if i were in your shoes

I don't like the body roll so I might get some stiffer rear sway bars. These should not effect the qualilty of the ride right?

I think as mods go, sways are money well-spent. But I do think it's a good idea to drive it around stock for a while, and autocross it stock, too. That way you'll know better what you feel needs changing to make the car better for your specific driving style.

There is only ONE rear sway bar (singular), and yes, they most definitely do effect the ride. They do help to reduce understeer, you will notice a stiffer ride, depending on what size sway you go with.

Archived