LegacyGT.com

Garmin c340 GPS doesn't work in my 05 LGT?

When I put my c340 in my '05 LGT limited (standard suction cup mount) I get almost no satellite reception - and even on clear days without a cloud in the sky I get only about 50% coverage.

My wife's car ('01 Outback) has no problems with the same GPS device (not the same make/model - the exact same unit).

Anyone else here has problems with GPS reception inside their car? I'm thinking I need an antenna (which would be a PITA for hiding the device...)

BTW, I have a trunklip mounted GPS antenna for my dashcam and it gets great recpeption - even inside the garage with the door closed!

Try moving it to various locations on your dashboard and see what happens.

In my old car, the Bose head unit interfered with reception if I had my Garmin C320 GPS in the center of the dashboard. I could use my GPS or listen to the radio, but not both. Moving the GPS to the A-pillar resolved the issue.

I prefer it in that location anyway, it is much less visually distracting for me.

Tried it at the A-pillar - no difference. Clear blue sky today, kept getting signal then losing it again.

I ordered an external antenna for $15 - that'll fix the problem.

How 'bout window tint? Metallic tints will interfere with most radio wave reception.
When Chuck Norris was born, the only person who cried was the doctor. Never slap Chuck Norris. - E.J.S.

I have it set to WAAS. When I set it to normal mode the accuracy is too low - it sometimes thinks I'm on a parallel street.

Works 100% in my wife's car. Just not mine. Go figure.

No sat radio. If I open the sunroof and hold the GPS unit higher than roof level it works fine.

Oh, you've used springs to lower your car and the now the signal doesn't reach. Back to stock.

Older Subies had a stick antenna, wierd that hidden antenna seems affects your GPS. Based on the other post, gotta feeling it's the antenna on your GPS.

Archived