LegacyGT.com

Installed the STi lateral link set

Rommel

They don't look like they have camber adjustments. The STI Pink Lateral Links for the WRX didn't even have camber adjustments. If they are anything like the STI Pink ones for the legacy, which basiclly just changed the bushings as well, then they should deffinetly help in turning, once I had my pink lateral links and trailing arms and from aluminum control arms installed on my WRX I noticed a big difference, the car felt perfect for the first time. I would make sure all your other suspension parts are upgraded as well as they are more improtant then these. They were the last thing I did on my WRX.

STi lateral arms dont have adjustments, but the Cusco and JIC are adjustable. I am very suprised that they work on the GT (which were designed for 2005 Impreza STi parts?!). Posts would be very nice to have. If they do work without changing the geometry of the rear's OEM alignments specs, I will be getting my hands all over a set of Cusco adjustable ones.

Now, are we talking about lateral links or trailing arms? (That's the thing that would puzzle me even more so since the 2005 Legacy GT is a modified-to-new suspension setup that is different from the other previous chassis generations).

Edit: Nevermind.. I see they are trailing arms / lateral links designed by STi. I thought the parts came from Impreza WRX STi.

Carry on.

Keefe

Keefe

I want those so much- but they're pricey!

Lately, I'm thinking my car needs better handling before it needs any more power.

well that's what I'm doing right now, do suspension mods first then power if I still feel that I need "MORE POWER" :D

for now I'm pretty much satisfied with the stock engine performance :rolleyes:

Guest *Jedimaster*
well that's what I'm doing right now, do suspension mods first then power if I still feel that I need "MORE POWER" :D

for now I'm pretty much satisfied with the stock engine performance :rolleyes:

My car is a beast right now at AP Stage1 and I'd love to hit Stage2, but I'm just feeling a lack of confidence in the handling- could be because of the RE92's being on for the winter- in fact, that's definitely a factor. But I remember when I put a rear sway and rear strutbar on my WRX wagon- what a thrill it was to have my handling improved- more exciting even than gobs of extra power that you can only use in a stright line.

I have a good decent suspension set up on my WRX and the handling is great, then I traded it for the LGT. Power is good but handling as stock is not equal to the WRX that I got used to, so that is what I'm trying to do right now. I have a Whiteline front sway bar in my garage that needs to be installed next :).

thanks for showing these to me bro, i woulda been so confused about where they go without it on your car :)

No problem, nice to meet you. You could take it out on a spin next time to feel the difference in handling compared to a stock set up.

• 1 year later...
I just had the STi Lateral link set installed. I will post more review later today once I get the chance to drive it more on twisties than just straight freeways.

It's almost two years and we have not heard "more review" :lol::lol:

• 7 months later...

There are some pics floating... but there is not much to look at, they look exactly like stock links, just have spherical bushings and little "sti" decals.

I have these on my car. The difference is subtle but it is there. Along with lca bushings the car is unbelievably "tight". LCA bushings make about 70% of difference vs. 30% of the lateral links.

The increase in NVH is neglible, I noticed it just after I put them on - bit of extra harshness when going over bumps. Next day I could not tell anything is different NVH wise. 100% family compatible.

Moderate bang for the buck, but when one wants to extract everything from the suspension, these are way to go.

They are light steel, not cast iron. These are also steel on SpecB. SpecB has trailing arm and one other lateral link (it might be called differently) that are made of cast aluminum instead of cast iron.

Archived