LegacyGT.com

So i slid in to a fence last saturday...

.....during autox. My r-comps were at the end of the life cycle and i had run through a small puddle. as i entered the slalom towards the finish, the rear snappped out and i "drifted towards the chainlink that ran along the outside of the lot we were in. I was carrying enough speed that i was not able to stop before hitting the fence. Unfortunately, i hit a loud speaker pole mounted as one of the fence posts and broke it in 2. the lower half cut a hole in my lower coolant hose. the dirt embankment the fence was mounted on damaged the rims on the driverside and the fence itself ruined my front bumper and driverside fender. Fortunatly, i still had my DD rims and tires and i was able to get a temporary coolant hose to drive home. Thankfully, there is no chassis damage or suspension damage, and i'm not injured. The worst part of all of this is the rental car im driving. a current model pontiac grand prix. Most uncomfortable car ive ever driven. oh well. it will all be fixed in a couple weeks.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
.....during autox. My r-comps were at the end of the life cycle and i had run through a small puddle. as i entered the slalom towards the finish, the rear snappped out and i "drifted towards the chainlink that ran along the outside of the lot we were in. I was carrying enough speed that i was not able to stop before hitting the fence. Unfortunately, i hit a loud speaker pole mounted as one of the fence posts and broke it in 2. the lower half cut a hole in my lower coolant hose. the dirt embankment the fence was mounted on damaged the rims on the driverside and the fence itself ruined my front bumper and driverside fender. Fortunatly, i still had my DD rims and tires and i was able to get a temporary coolant hose to drive home. Thankfully, there is no chassis damage or suspension damage, and i'm not injured. The worst part of all of this is the rental car im driving. a current model pontiac grand prix. Most uncomfortable car ive ever driven. oh well. it will all be fixed in a couple weeks.

Oh man! Teh sux! Sorry to hear this man...

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

Oh man! I think the folks down at South Jersey Region were talking about you. Did you almost sink it in "Corvette Lake"? We had a Z06 spin and hop over a line of parking-lot curbs, and it brought up the story of "That Subaru that nailed a fence and came close to sinking".

thats right. Its parts of the game. Good thing the damage was all cosmetic. I will be able to afford the repairs.

yes, count your blessings it wasn't you or a loved one who got hurt.....a car can be fixed...yes it costs $$$, but so does modding...it's all part of the process

and yes, it sucks....

Sucks about your car man, but glad you're alright. I just turned around in time to see the speaker pole fall onto your car after it snapped. I was like "Dude that sucks...wait, that looks like a Legacy. Uh-oh..." But once again, good thing it was only cosmetic and you weren't hurt. Sucks that my first time going to autox, the guy who got me interested in going slid into a fence. Hope it wasn't me that brought the bad juju that day :redface: Hopefully, the repairs won't be that expensive. Let me know if there's anything I could do to help...like getting more stuff installed or something :lol:

Im sure someone somewhere has pics of this. From what i understand, its being alked about in regoinal forums on other car message boards. I happened at englishtown raceway park in NJ during the 10/13 NNJR Autox. I saw people taking pics, so im sure its on the interw3b somwhere.

Sucks about your car man, but glad you're alright. I just turned around in time to see the speaker pole fall onto your car after it snapped. I was like "Dude that sucks...wait, that looks like a Legacy. Uh-oh..." But once again, good thing it was only cosmetic and you weren't hurt. Sucks that my first time going to autox, the guy who got me interested in going slid into a fence. Hope it wasn't me that brought the bad juju that day :redface: Hopefully, the repairs won't be that expensive. Let me know if there's anything I could do to help...like getting more stuff installed or something :lol:

that would help:lol:

Did you go out and see the damage? i broke up the edge of the asphalt and move it about a foot. :eek:

I was wondering what happened. I took a look at the results for last weekend and I saw that you ran 3 runs and the last one was 90+ seconds. Sorry to hear that happen to you :( If it's any help, I'll be there this upcoming Saturday.

Guest Gitster
yes, count your blessings it wasn't you or a loved one who got hurt.....a car can be fixed...yes it costs $$$, but so does modding...it's all part of the process

and yes, it sucks....

:confused:

This wasn't street racing. How is a loved one gonna get hurt, nothing wrong with taking it to the track :cool:

The worst part of all of this is the rental car im driving. a current model pontiac grand prix. Most uncomfortable car ive ever driven. oh well.

At first I thought you were saying that the whole autox/slide/crash thing was in your the rental car... I :lol: 'ed.

Sorry to hear it was your Legacy.

:confused:

This wasn't street racing. How is a loved one gonna get hurt, nothing wrong with taking it to the track :cool:

call me crazy but aren't there walls at these tracks? so what if he slid into a wall, isn't there a REMOTE possiblity that he or someone standing by or someone else in his car could get hurt???

Archived