LegacyGT.com

How to determine I have VDC

I thought VDC was in the center diff to send power front or rear as needed?

Most Subarus can transfer power front/rear as needed from the factory, its just that they tend to be not as effective in side to side transfer of torque unless they have front/rear LSD.

User adjustable front/rear power is only on the STI's 6spd trans. VDC seems to be subaru's form of stability/traction control.

Most Subarus can transfer power front/rear as needed from the factory, its just that they tend to be not as effective in side to side transfer of torque unless they have front/rear LSD.

User adjustable front/rear power is only on the STI's 6spd trans. VDC seems to be subaru's form of stability/traction control.

I thought so as well, I should show you how I can get this puppy stuck with a lifted front wheel :(

So it just means that us 05-06 guys don't have to hold a button down every time we go out to drive our cars. Thank god.

My 08 spec.B has VDC and I can honestly say I have yet to have it truly spoil a 'drive.' only times it's come on for me is when the road is wet and I was actively trying to force it on.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

My 08 spec.B has VDC and I can honestly say I have yet to have it truly spoil a 'drive.' only times it's come on for me is when the road is wet and I was actively trying to force it on.

I once had to power drift a car on black ice to avoid a major crash. It's the only time I was thankful for not having any nanny gear.

You know where the button is to turn on your side mirror defroster is? If you have VDC, the button will be there. No button = no VDC. I also disagree that it came standards with 07+ LGTs since I have an 08 and I don't have it.

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=111807&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1328563722

You know where the button is to turn on your side mirror defroster is? If you have VDC, the button will be there. No button = no VDC. I also disagree that it came standards with 07+ LGTs since I have an 08 and I don't have it.

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=111807&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1328563722

That's my car! :lol:

:yeahthat:

Archived