LegacyGT.com

Part # for '06 dash panel for nav screen

SkiRace

Hello all-

Just returned from my Subaru dealer with some info... the part number for the '06 center dash panel including the vents is 66060AG07A. I was told that it would fit the '05s and has a price of $95.00. This is the panel that houses the factory 7" nav screen.

I hope this isn't redundant or a re-post (I did search) but I thought I'd share.

BTW, great forum.

Cheers

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can prob find some part #'s, if you know what it is you looking for.

But everything that i have heard leads me to belive that adding the Nav system into an 05 LGt is more complecated then its worth. (needs complete wiring harness)

But i guess you could find a way to mount somthing in the glove box or under the seat if you were to do a custom system.

There used to be a guy doing installs in the Rex (see pic) But the rex allows a single din slot to be used on top of the dash.

$95? not bad at all.

This is all i need. It will be FAR easier and cheaper to buy your own 7" screen and set up a mobile PC or something for Nav.

I dont need nav (I always know where I'm going) but I do want a screen there that I can hook to a few different things in the car.. datalogging.. dvd.. and live readings.

-Tronix(winterproject)GT

for more pics and info... http://angevine.org/legacy/legacy.html

The thing I like about the factory nav for '06 is the trip computer integration (phone book and callendar are nice too). By going with a 7" screen you will lose the trip computer (no?). Anyone know of a setup that will allow the the screen and also provide the trip info?

Anyone think that the dealerships will be able to install the factory Nav in an '05??!!

Okay, So i sent an e-mail to Subaru to see if dealerships would be able to install the '06 nav in an '05. Here is the communication:

Dear Mr. Ford:

Thank you for visiting the Subaru Web site and for your message. The Navigation System is only available as a factory installed option. The necessary wiring and components are not within your 2005 Legacy GT Sedan in order for this feature to be installed by a Subaru dealer.

Thank you for the opportunity to be of assistance. If you need any future assistance, please feel free to contact us again.

Best wishes,

John J. Mergen

Subaru of America, Inc.

Customer/Dealer Services Department

------------------------------ -----------------------------

YOUR ORIGINAL MAIL:

I have an '05 Legacy GT automatic sedan. I would like the navigation system from the '06 installed in my '05 sedan. Can this be done?

Thank you,

Adam

That happened when I wanted to install a nav in my Maxima. I had to buy it installed....perhaps go with a kick as* GPS system. Then you can always take it with you when you switch cars (if you're anything like me who switches every 3 years;)

Okay, So i sent an e-mail to Subaru to see if dealerships would be able to install the '06 nav in an '05. Here is the communication:

Dear Mr. Ford:

Thank you for visiting the Subaru Web site and for your message. The Navigation System is only available as a factory installed option. The necessary wiring and components are not within your 2005 Legacy GT Sedan in order for this feature to be installed by a Subaru dealer.

Thank you for the opportunity to be of assistance. If you need any future assistance, please feel free to contact us again.

Best wishes,

John J. Mergen

Subaru of America, Inc.

Customer/Dealer Services Department

------------------------------ -----------------------------

YOUR ORIGINAL MAIL:

I have an '05 Legacy GT automatic sedan. I would like the navigation system from the '06 installed in my '05 sedan. Can this be done?

Thank you,

Adam

^ too funny. No kidding they are not there...people want to know if it can be done. I bet it could.

Anything can be done if you throw enough money and time at the problem.

As I understand it, the required wiring is not installed in the 2005 Legacies. More than likely, the navigation unit requires input from the ECU, which may be a different unit on the 2006 cars. Then you have to deal with eliminating the original trip computer, changing dahsboard bezels, etc.

Trust me, even if it can be installed in a 2005 Legacy, it will not be worth the money.

Correct me if im wrong, but with some fabrication and covering up the buttons with something to make it mesh couldnt you put a nice double din navi unit in there?
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

OH SH1T OH SH1T OH SH1T OH SH1T OH SH1T, SOMEONE DID IT! MY HERO, How long did it take to get it in? How much clearence is there in the back? Awsome, that looks so freaken awsome. I was so worried about this as I just dropped a load on my avic-d1 double din right before my car was totaled and I decided to get a LGT. Got anymore pics? How did you get sound in through the stock radio?

OH SH1T, SOMEONE DID IT! MY HERO, How long did it take to get it in? How much clearence is there in the back? Awsome, that looks so freaken awsome. I was so worried about this as I just dropped a load on my avic-d1 double din right before my car was totaled and I decided to get a LGT. Got anymore pics? How did you get sound in through the stock radio?

Take a closer look thats photoshop my friend...

im just thinking if my jdm controls that might be a good plan b

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

If anyone wants to see how involved the wiring is for the MY06 satnav unit:

http://photos.all.id.au/SJ_IPF900/Stereo_GPS_Rear

http://photos.all.id.au/SJ_IPF900/GPS_Rear

http://photos.all.id.au/SJ_IPF900/Stereo_Rear

There is obvious interaction with the stereo plus untold other hook-ins.

These images are from the Sydney Motor Show where Subaru had satnav/stereo display set up.

Archived