LegacyGT.com

OEM fuel pumps

How do you all feel about using genuine Subaru fuel pumps at $400 a pop versus using something else like an AC Delco? Subaru is insisting they sell the complete package. Probably be a good idea anyhow given the age of my car.

IIRC SOA fuel pump is the whole assembly. You only need the pump itself. Get a good quality unit from your auto store or online retailer.

As a note, quite a few number of owners when modding their engines have gone to the Walpro 255. It's less than $100.

In either case, make sure you don't lose the little c clip that secures the strainer.

O.

I've been really happy with my Walbro 255. It is a great upgrade and people upgrade their WRX or STi pumps with them. It might even give you quicker off the line performance. I purchased mine for about $100 shipped on Amazon. You want the Walbro GSS341-400-791. It comes with everything you need and is a simple install. Here is my DIY: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/walbro-255-lph-install-diy-198427.html

I wouldn't buy the Subaru assembly. $400 is ridiculous. Also check out rockauto.com for other fuel pumps or a good price.

Archived