LegacyGT.com

Hello all! Brand new to the world of Subaru and sport cars in general and all I can say is that I should have traded my truck and bought this car long ago! LOVE IT! Before I dig into performance mods, I need recommendations on which roof rack to outfit my 08 Legacy GT Limited. I'll be hauling snowboards and kayaks..any help is appreciated as I'm looking to make a purchase as soon as possible. I'll be looking for plenty of experienced knowledge and assistance in the future and surely I will reciprocate if I can.

First advice is to use the search function. There is a ton of info on the forum about roof racks (including the the specific fitment) since about half the people on here have one.

Now that that is out of the way. There are basically 3 options Thule, Yakima, and Whispbar. The Whispbars sound like they're the best because the noise is very, very limited, but they also have the highest cost and I have no experience with them. Thule and Yakima are pretty much the same and the different attachment mounts are interchangeable. A new setup would is not cheap, but you can find them used on craigslist and the various forums for $200-$300 with the crossbars, mounts, and fairing.

The websites for the individual manufacturers will have charts that will give the specific fitment for the Legacy that you can take to your local craigslist and forum searches.

It's cool; I'm with the band

hello all! Brand new to the world of subaru and sport cars in general and all i can say is that i should have traded my truck and bought this car long ago! Love it! Before i dig into performance mods, i need recommendations on which roof rack to outfit my 08 legacy gt limited. I'll be hauling snowboards and kayaks..any help is appreciated as i'm looking to make a purchase as soon as possible. I'll be looking for plenty of experienced knowledge and assistance in the future and surely i will reciprocate if i can.

pm'd!!

habitual derail-er

Archived