LegacyGT.com

Weather Tech Floor Liner issue

snowdrifter

Hi, I have recently purchased a set of Weather Tech Floorliner Digital fit. My passenger side liner seems to have a large gap in my opinion. Am I being too picky? I have sent several messages to Weather Tech and I was told to "This happens occasionally as when they are boxed they are still warm and can slightly lose their shape. I would like you to try and apply a small amount of heat with a hair dryer and re-verse flex the liner, meaning bend the liner in the opposite direction and the liner should go back to the proper form." I have tried this and am still not happy with the results and I have received no response from Weather Tech for a week now. Opinions would be appreciated. The last photo with my key is after trying to heat and re-verse flex. Thank you

008.thumb.jpg.cb4bd92e5366f231e8904fb6151958e1.jpg

009.thumb.jpg.1a7cb872f0727ed11ebd6840e7aafe96.jpg

011.thumb.jpg.39339399b8213786b78ec89f07d18346.jpg

012.thumb.jpg.1619eada196b0ad418272c2d66a77ffa.jpg

013.thumb.jpg.f6680af69a41db67b9d15e8b79b89dae.jpg

003.thumb.jpg.68d6c3fc7a3ee1f875457075442192d7.jpg

Yeah I have the same problem with mine. It's something I've just come to live with. They are a really good set and I still haven't found anything that's better. Had them for about two years now and out of all the compliments I've gotten for them I've only had one person notice the gap.

I had the same problem, unacceptable in my opinion. Weathertech needs to stop using boxes that are too small, or wait longer before putting the liners in the boxes. Thankfully in my case, they sent me out brand new front driver and front passenger floor liners. This happened to me 2 years ago or so, so maybe they have stopped sending out free replacements since then.

I have little "gaps" here and there along some edges with the rear set.

I am waiting for it to get really sunny and hot here so I can lay the mat(s) out in the sun then flex the edge outwards so that when I put them back in they will be nice and snug against the carpet.

When they sent me mine it was -10 degrees outside when the box arrived and sat at my front door for the better part of the day. If they shipped at room temperature and ended up in -10, I expect a little variation in shape. Especially, as noted, their packaging is too minimal and allows for the mats to lose their factory form.

I understand little gaps her and there. The gaps though span the size of a loonie and toonie and the passenger side mat flexes inwards when people step on it. I did not think I was paying for a mat that moved when my passengers get in. Kinda of embarrassing for floor liners that cost a bit below140.00cad. On top of that the service rep that was helping me stopped responding for a week now, so I called and left him a message and still no answer back.

That sucks about the customer service.

If I were you, I'd keep trying to contact them, wait until it warms up and get them into the sun where you can really flex them outward and have it hold shape better. And see if that helps.

Also, wth is a "loonie and toonie" :confused:

Also, wth is a "loonie and toonie"

"Loonies" and "toonies" are Canadian coin currency. The loonie is a one dollar coin and gets it's name from the bird pictured on the back - the common loon.

Toonies are two dollar coins and get their name from a play on words since two-nie or toonie rhymes with loonie.

The toonie is slightly larger than the loonie.

My Weathertechs didn't fit well initially, but "settled down" once exposed to Tennessee summer temps. Up in Canada they may never get warm enough ;)

I found out that my customer rep had a family emergency and as such I do not mind waiting. I do not think that the flex will work though, the bend that is supposed to hug the curve goes too far out and would require some serious heating that might ruin it.

• 3 months later...
I neglected all this time to post again but in the end the original sales rep never called me back. I had to call myself to bring it to the attention of another sales rep, she saw the pictures and told me to send them back. This was after me waiting patiently for about 3 weeks. In my opinion they just sent me back the same ones since the area where I tried to do the "reverse flex" still has the same bend mark with the heat I applied. I will never recommend anyone to buy from them.

Archived