LegacyGT.com

Anybody heard of Air Power Systems Exhausts

Alton

I took my 05' Legacy up to MZM Performance in Austin the other day to purchase a Cobb AP. While there, I was talking to the owner about exhausts, and he highly recommended (and is a vender) for APS (Airpowersystems) exhausts.

I haven't heard of this brand and have tried several differents searches here. APS exhausts brings up hundreds of threads with all kinds of mentions for exhausts and APs, but nothing on this brand exhaust. Here's a link, http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/us_spec/subaru/exhausts/apswrx-hoe-r1/apswrx-hoe-r1.htm , for an exhausts for a WRX. Legacy's weren't listed yet, but the guy at MZM had them. He quoted me $1300 and change for a 3" turboback exhaust. Seemed a little high, so that's why I'm curious if anyone has heard of the brand. I know Auto Speed exhausts are mentioned often.

My apologies if this exhaust has been discussed. I'm new here, and I may not know the best ways to search for specific topics.

I've never used MZM Performance before, so I'm not sure if he's just pushing his venders' products. He also quoted me $450 for a protune using their dyno, sometime after Stage 2. Is this about the going rate?

APS is a very well known Austrailian company. They make many turbo products for many different cars. I didn't know they had a Legacy exhaust yet though...

Interesting.

I spoke to the rep from aps last year and he said that they were going look into parts for the lgt . He said that they were about to get the same Lgt we have and that our setup was unquie to the world and that's why we don't have much support.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Judging by the products they offer for the C6 Z06 and whatnot they seem to be a trustworthy company that puts a lot of time and research into their products.

I say get their LGT exhaust when it comes out.

APS has been around for a while and makes some of the best parts around. Search NASIOC or the Google and you will see nothing but great things about them.

I haven't heard that they are making any parts for the Legacy yet. Let us know if you get something, I would love to see what they have.

Super JDM part out: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65039

PM me an offer!

APS has been around for a while and makes some of the best parts around. Search NASIOC or the Google and you will see nothing but great things about them.

I haven't heard that they are making any parts for the Legacy yet. Let us know if you get something, I would love to see what they have.

Will do. At $1300 for just for the turboback exhaust, I'll probably wait till the end of the year. Want to upgrade the suspension first, anyway.

I'd really like to hear it on another Legacy first though. I like the low rumble but don't want anything too loud. Especially nothing that drones at highway speeds. I may have to settle for hearing a STI though, as that's all they had in the garage when I bought my Cobb AP.

Archived