LegacyGT.com

Let's talk about rear diffs...

What stronger rear diffs are available? Could I swap in one from a lgt? Would I need the axle shafts?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Stronger than stock 2.5i: R160, R180 that PnP easily swap DS, axles match to gearbox F/D ratio.

If you are crafty enough you can fit just about any diff under the rear end, one guy fit a R200 in an impreza with a lot of fab work

Also you can buy the Cusco or the Quaife units. You planning something crazy?

the strength of the diffs is the same across all r160 that are both VLSD and open. the spider gears are the weak link. i don't see how the op would need a stronger diff with his 2.5i though. If you are looking to add a LSD function, you just need to find a take off r160 from a LGT that has the same FD ratio. other than that, you can drop $$$ on aftermarket units that also require a full build, but this will be over kill unless you track/autox the car.

i was thinking of converting it to RWD. no matter what diff goes in, its going to be welded.

i keep planning crazy things for this car. i need to pick an idea. but i drove a RWD impreza and fell in love though. eventually it will be forced induction as well, but thats still being decided inside my head.

Archived