LegacyGT.com

2.5i pzez start up noise

Anyone have suggestions to lower the start up noise of my 2009 2.5i PZEZ? Regardless if hot or cold temps it sounds like a lawn mower for about 30 seconds when 1st starting the car up. From what I read the engine will actually hold half of the valves shut for about 30 seconds, resulting in an unusual noise for that period of time. Any ideas to get around this? Appreciate any help!

CM

Mine is loud at first too after getting the most recent ECU update... wish I hadn't gotten it...

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Another reason may be the rattling heat shields that cover the headers/manifolds. I had them removed and had the headers thermal wrapped instead. Much quieter at start up.

Edit: And, not sure if it's intentional, but it's PZEV (Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle).

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

Edit: And, not sure if it's intentional, but it's PZEV (Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle).

I was typing too fast an didn't realize that, extreme multitasking tonight (looking up rims, grilles, and googling a million things).

I wasn't sure if this was just common with Subaru's or mostly with the PZEV models. I can live with it but if I can get rid of it that would be a huge bonus.

Archived