LegacyGT.com

Anyone Running Drop springs on Spec-b?

LowFast

This may have been covered but what are the us spec-b spring rates compared to regular GT and compared to the Tein H-techs? I was thinging of gettign the H-techs because the ride would still be nice but I could get the thing out of the air. Will the Bilstiens/H-tech combo be a good one? Anyone running aftermarket springs on thier Spec-B yet? (I have only seen the one post about the pinks) If so, pics or any advice would be appreciated.

Yeah Racecomp has the STI SpecB specific pinks on, they love them......

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25094&highlight=Racecomp

Me I can't decide between the Swifts - which I hear only lower and don't do much for performace (anyone confirm? I've never delt with them before) or the STi Pinks.....

Gonna pull the trigger soon though :D

Real issues I am concerned with are drop, need about an inch to look right, and the ride quality. This is my wifes DD, if I turn it into a washboard ride she will pissed to put it lightly. I agree with the oe product though, where is the best place to pick up the pinks, what do they usually run $$ wise?

I'll pick mine up from RaceComp......love them

The swifts and pinks have the same rates, the swifts are a tad lower in the drop. You can get a good idea of height of the pinks with the link I provided above

Just PM them from the thread...:D Either Myles or most likey Andrew will answer

Scans,

you should order your Spec-B pinks soon from race comp. When I ordered mine 3 weeks ago, they were only getting 2 sets from Japan, they are currently doing the customs waiting game. It takes a while if they are not in stock. Kelli can hook you up there.

rjo

Scans,

you should order your Spec-B pinks soon from race comp. When I ordered mine 3 weeks ago, they were only getting 2 sets from Japan, they are currently doing the customs waiting game. It takes a while if they are not in stock. Kelli can hook you up there.

rjo

Yeah since they have the same spring rates, and the Swifts drop a tad lower, are great quality and a tad cheaper I went with Swift.....ordered on friday :icon_bigg As soon as RaceComp gets them out to me, I'll pop them on and take pics galore

I real curious to see both are cars with side pics once we get them on ;)

Yeah since they have the same spring rates, and the Swifts drop a tad lower, are great quality and a tad cheaper I went with Swift.....ordered on friday :icon_bigg As soon as RaceComp gets them out to me, I'll pop them on and take pics galore

I real curious to see both are cars with side pics once we get them on ;)

You will not be disappointed. I just put the Swifts on my B on Saturday. I think the stock springs were overdamped (or the struts under sprung...). It actually rides nicer now, more progressive then I expected because the shock is not so abruptly impacted when the weak spring hits an irregular surface. But the handling is much more precise now. I still need to get an alignment to provide the full review though. But they are nice springs - exactly what I wanted.

Thanks,

Brian

Looks about the same as my Swifts. I measured about 1.25 inches distance from the edge of the center highpoint in the wheel well edge to the tread-to-sidewall line on my RE050A's in the back, and about 2.00 inches in the front. All the springs in the Spec B tend to sit a tinge higher in the front than on regular LGT....I think because of the tophats. You will notice it in the car above as well, since it has the SPEC B struts.

Oh...and the Pinks sit even more up in the front vs. the rear than the swifts from the pics I have seen. The Swifts on a regular LGT tend to sit even in the front and the rear....with the difference being lower in the front than on the Spec B struts. But you will also hear all the complaints about the sway bar stress and stock end-links being an issue with that much front end drop. It would also make it so I could not get up my driveway (steep) transition from the street. Things to consider. I think Scans007 will be happy with his Swifts. I am, and I am a picky bastard.

You will not be disappointed. I just put the Swifts on my B on Saturday. I think the stock springs were overdamped (or the struts under sprung...). It actually rides nicer now, more progressive then I expected because the shock is not so abruptly impacted when the weak spring hits an irregular surface. But the handling is much more precise now. I still need to get an alignment to provide the full review though. But they are nice springs - exactly what I wanted.

Thanks,

Brian

+1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived