LegacyGT.com

100 watt headlights

donyzfr1

I thinking about adding 100 watt h7 bulbs to my 05 LGT. Will they damage my car in any way. They company say that they are compatible. Just want some opinions. Im think about the OEM harness, will it be damaged due to the extra current? And yes I have done the HID lights but I need to keep my DRLs.

100w H7's would significantly increase the chance of melting your projector bowls and wiring. if you are going to spend the money on bulbs and ceramic wiring.

you will also burn through lights like a fat kid cake running them as your DRL's.

The Osram Rallye 65W they produce a great amount of light and a negligible difference in output temps.

how long have you run them, do you use them as DRL also?

has it affected light output?

I have not had mine in that long.

First set went in at about 11,000 miles in 2007 and I am currently at about 43,000 miles. I still have my DRLs activated. What is discolored is the back side of the housing, the part you see when you are changing the bulbs, the reflector side looks fine.

It is still ugly.

Thanks i will just order the 55 watt

The 65w OSRAM bulbs are safe and provide better illumination with longer life.

My '05 ate up bulbs like no tomorrow, and since using the OSRAMs I've been very happy with their longevity.

(I still have DRLs enabled, too)

First set went in at about 11,000 miles in 2007 and I am currently at about 43,000 miles. I still have my DRLs activated. What is discolored is the back side of the housing, the part you see when you are changing the bulbs, the reflector side looks fine.

My drivers side did that. I've been running the Osrams for a few years now... about 3-4. Last week, my wiring melted.... the plastic clip right where it attachs to the H7 base. I had to order a new one from Subaru. It's possible the connection was no good. I've been told by another member here that I trust that if the connection is bad, resistance increases, and temperature goes up.

My passenger side works perfectly fine, no discoloration.

Might want to double check your connection for corrosion and tight fit.

Archived