LegacyGT.com

One push button Sunroof?

Does anyone know how to make the sunroof a one push button close sunroof? If so will you share it with me. Thanks.
**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

Would be very nice. I hate that it stops half way, like my Toyota 4Runner used to do. I really missed the "express" features of my Jetta I had a while back, sunroof and both front windows from the driver panel express down and UP! (Plus the "cool" thing where you could close them all from the key in the door, but that never got used, because who uses their key anymore?)

my mazda's moon roof controls were better than the subaru's.

on the mazda i can have it cracked op open then do a full slide from the slide button.

the subaru i have to close the crack first THEN do the slide.

the subaru is auto slide while my mazda (03.5 protege 5) was not.

my mazda's moon roof controls were better than the subaru's.

on the mazda i can have it cracked op open then do a full slide from the slide button.

the subaru i have to close the crack first THEN do the slide.

the subaru is auto slide while my mazda (03.5 protege 5) was not.

I know what you are talking about... my Mazda 3 did that and loved it.

**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

Does anyone know why the sunroof does that? It doesn't seem to have any utility at all.

I was told (like sikopad typed) thzat it was for saftey... okay...

As for the sunroof I am thinking there is a sensor in the path the sunroof travels.

Side question: What manual does Subaru use? I know its not a Helms book.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know why the sunroof does that? It doesn't seem to have any utility at all.

Safety feature. In case any hands or limbs are sticking out(you never know with kids) when you close it. IIRC, also if it feels resistance it should open back up.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

There have been a few discussions about this. It pretty much can't be done unless you want to deal with the hassle of designing a circut board and hooking it up.

Searched: sunroof + close

Defeating 2stg close on sunroof - http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89918&highlight=sunroof+close

Sunroof mod - http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73568&highlight=sunroof+close

• 2 years later...

Archived