LegacyGT.com

Borla cat-back on 2.5i '05 wagon

Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of you have tried a Borla cat-back exhaust/mufflers as my cat-back pipe due for replacement. When I look it up on their homepage it only shows the cat-back for the GT's but it looks like it would fit - im just worried that its not the same diameter where it joins the cat.

This is the one I am after:

http://www.borla.com/products/produc...rod_sku=140123

/Christian

Exhausts are the same wagon/sedan except for the length of the muffler tips... That's the only difference.

I expect the '05 and '06+ are different because of the header and cat sections are not the same.

The '05 2.5i will fit a standard borla header as a bolt-on to the catpipe. 06+ 2.5i's have a different configuration.

Exhausts are the same wagon/sedan except for the length of the muffler tips... That's the only difference.

I expect the '05 and '06+ are different because of the header and cat sections are not the same.

The '05 2.5i will fit a standard borla header as a bolt-on to the catpipe. 06+ 2.5i's have a different configuration.

ah good to know... i knew it was longer but i did not know they made up for it with bigger tips..

i know its kinda off topic but we should have a sticky with the difference between the wagons and sedans and the 2.5i and GT.. the sticky at the top is an OK guideline to get you started but there is a lot more you can do to these cars, and there's a lot of things that are interchangeable. pics are rare in this section, i think pics of model/year differences would be tit, gt vs 2.5i wagon vs sedan. engine pics exhaust pics ext.. as well as the 3.0r stuff

Great! Well. The Cat-back system I am looking to buy is for the GT Wagon so length should be OK. I think I will order it first thing monday morning!

Thank you all :) Looking forward to the Borla roarrrr on the family wagon ;)

/Christian

Pretty sure Borla only offers one fitment for their exhaust - same for both sedan and wagon. It'll fit fine but don't expect you're getting a 'wagon specific' part number...

Pretty sure Borla only offers one fitment for their exhaust - same for both sedan and wagon. It'll fit fine but don't expect you're getting a 'wagon specific' part number...

Just checked it out. I can choose between a wagon and a sedan but I end up with the same part number. Well spotted CDN! :)

I also just had a quote from a local shop here in Denmark. Dang! I think I might have to import this myself!

i know its kinda off topic but we should have a sticky with the difference between the wagons and sedans and the 2.5i and GT.. the sticky at the top is an OK guideline to get you started but there is a lot more you can do to these cars, and there's a lot of things that are interchangeable. pics are rare in this section, i think pics of model/year differences would be tit, gt vs 2.5i wagon vs sedan. engine pics exhaust pics ext.. as well as the 3.0r stuff

I have threads on exhaust, how to change spark plugs and oil just for us N/A folks but some mod never sticky-d them :mad: The spark plug one at least :eek:

• 4 weeks later...
Okay. I have ordered the Borla Cat-Back but now I have just seen an '07 Outback 2.5i automatic. Would there be any chance that the exhaust would fit this car as well or are my money wasted if I buy the Outback?

/C

Muffler tips are turned down on the Outback as there are no cutouts in the bumper. That's the only difference.

If you end up with an OB after, you'll just need to have different tips welded on to your mufflers.

I guess i'm out of luck getting the Borla :(.

I talked to the company where I ordered the cat-back Borla and they said that Borla needed to manufactor the exhaust and it would be ready for shipment around July, 1st. Then another 2 weeks before I have it in my hands. Mean while the exhaust on my current Legacy has been patched up with several layers of muffler repair kit but the crack in the flange is constantly finding new ways around it. As the Outback required welding it is not a project for me so for now I have asked them to cancel the order until further notice. :mad::mad:

Thanks guys for helping me out here. You have saved me a ton of money.

/C

Muffler tips are turned down on the Outback as there are no cutouts in the bumper. That's the only difference.

If you end up with an OB after, you'll just need to have different tips welded on to your mufflers.

Nope - either longer hangers, or just let it snug up to the bumper, and trim the bumper cover where it melts, or put some insulation between the tip & plastic.

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Archived