LegacyGT.com

Endura-Tech LGT Coilovers going on SS LGT

ricochet

Ryan, looking forward to your test results from these C/O's. After the glowing praise for the units you used on the Zero Impreza I'm hoping for similar results.

My 06 LGT is starting to show some age in the suspension department and I'm starting to look at upgrades for after the spring melt, bars and C/O's with a pad upgrade are on my wish list. Can you give some guidelines for an agressive, but livable, street alignment when you do the article? I'd be willing to give up some treadlife but don't want a car that darts excessively or tramlines too much on the highway. Looking forward to the Feb issue of the mag anyday.

I am curious as to why enduratech doesn't switch to monotube technology.

We have in some regards, depending on the application. For example, we have coming out in March a monotube version for the 05+ STi. We will also follow up with a MT shock for the new 08 STi, which is in prototype development as well as for the Evo X.

Why is the LGT coilovers twin tube? Basically because the majority of owners use their LGT as a daily driver but also want to have greater performance and handling. A twin tube offers that for a daily driving application or for the occasional track event. When considering a daily driven car, durability and life of the coilovers would be a factor that some people may consider in their purchase.

Using a monotube set up, is really for the more performance oriented application. It will be more stiff and not have as much comfort on a daily driven car as the twin tube.

That is why we utilize a twin tube shock in the majority of our applications, because they are meant for a daily driven application with the occasional intention to play on a track.

Endura-Tech

Glad to see EnduraTech on board for the Legacy. Also glad to see the thought process for the design spelled out for the group. I do use my LGT as a daily driver and appreciate compliance as much as grip, especially in the NorthEast where the roads get chewed up pretty good by freeze and thaw cycles. If you can't keep the tire on the pavement you won't get any grip, and a stiff track setup would be difficult to live with on the rough pavement in many areas around where I live.

Thanks.

I did more damage to the front corner of my car than I had originally suspected when I "offed" at the Spring Mountain Tuner Shootout.

At first, suspected the stock strut was bent. So we inserted the Endura-Tech units, took it to the alignment shop and it was still out of whack.

Next idea, knuckle.. nope

Um, bearing housing? (or whatever the bolt-in bearing assembly is called... the one that attaches the wheel to the knuckle)... Ding! Ding! Ding!

Okay, so a couple weeks later and the car finally has all four wheels pointed in the same direction. The car is sitting at 25" (measured from the top of the wheel arches) and I have driven it for a couple days. I forgot how much I love (and my wife dislikes) coilovers. Still, she WILL ride in the car (she refuses to ever step into an EVO with me again). So, the firmness is less than a stock EVO IX MR and more than a Legacy with H&R lowering springs. I'm currently running them in the softest setting.

Can't get any more in-depth until I get it out on the track; See how composure has changed. Though, from seat-of-pants driving on totally uninteresting roads, I think this is a great setup, Justin.

Ryan Douthit

Subiesport Magazine

http://www.subiesport.com

• 1 month later...

I thought I would mention here that the Endura-Tech Legacy GT Coilovers (05+)

are now available to the public.

After three months of testing these with Subie Sport magazine, we feel that these coilovers will be a great addition to our line up of Subaru products and for the Legacy enthusiast.

Any questions or comments are welcome.

For further information visit www.endura-tech.com

Justin

Archived