LegacyGT.com

Picked up a new project....

So I picked up this little diamond in the rough. Wasn't taken very good care off. Needs head gaskets, some interior parts, a headlight, tail light and fender work.

Don't know if I'll ever get the interior completely clean.

http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj605/Idahorec/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-02/60158F05-780F-4D94-8E1B-23BAF3A48E6D_zpstsltc2sm.jpg

Does anyone know if there is a forester forum that is as good as this one? I've joined the subaruforester.org forum, but it just doesn't have the same organization and flow as this one.

This is my first fozzy, and it's already starting to grow on me.

Looks like a good solid vehicle that should be a great ride once fixed up. I've recently expanded into the Impreza area myself and wish there was an Impreza forum like this one. I joined NASIOC but too many trolls and judgmental people there (although I've gotten soem good advice). I'm sure there's a good fozzy forum out there.

BTW I do like the 1st gen fozzy- somepeople say it's ugly but I like it better than the second gen

BTW I do like the 1st gen fozzy- somepeople say it's ugly but I like it better than the second gen

had a first gen fozzy, many of it's parts live on in my current wagon... but i also love foresters... that will be my next Suabru

Id suggest joining idahosubaruclub.com and become a member. Locally we have a lot of talent in terms of suggestions and help with your mod path, not only for the forester but your legacys as well

So I picked up this little diamond in the rough.

Are you me? :lol:

except my fozzy is buried under at least 4 feet of snow, and it's been nothing but terribly neglected since I got her, but otherwise mines the same color and all.

Man if i can get my hands on something like that.

I'd go with sti engine swap with drive train. Brembos and slammed for a daily

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

I am seriously considering lowering it, but I'm also mildly considering raising it:eek:

I need a trailhead vehicle for skiing, climbing, and hiking.

I never thought I liked the forester, but after seeing what a few mods do to the overall appearance, I'm coming around!

Id suggest joining idahosubaruclub.com and become a member. Locally we have a lot of talent in terms of suggestions and help with your mod path, not only for the forester but your legacys as well

I'm already a member, just a silent one. Seems like mostly wrxies and tuner stuff, not that that's a bad thing. I feel like the guy with chevette trying to mingle with the chevelle guys:lol:

Are you me? :lol:

except my fozzy is buried under at least 4 feet of snow, and it's been nothing but terribly neglected since I got her, but otherwise mines the same color and all.

I wish I was you! 4 FEET OF SNOW!!!! My skis wouldn't know what to do with themselves!

There is no way your looks as bad as mine, I don't think it has ever seen a vacuum, or a damp cloth even!

So what is the protocol for talking about a forester in the legacygt forum? Is this to be the first and last post here about it? Or since most things cross over, is it considered tolerable? (Other than it being a '99, so I know I'm in the wrong generation, but I've never posted in the '99-'04 forum)

So what is the protocol for talking about a forester in the legacygt forum? Is this to be the first and last post here about it? Or since most things cross over, is it considered tolerable? (Other than it being a '99, so I know I'm in the wrong generation, but I've never posted in the '99-'04 forum)

well the SF forester is first gen and they went 98-01, and it's pretty much a byproduct of the 93-01 impreza chassis..

i'll talk forester all day in this forum, its pretty much the same handful of us here anyways so who cares? lol

The only way to clean the interior:

Buy a good conditioned rug from a parts car then take it to be steam cleaned.

Take out the seats and remove the destroyed rug. Install new clean rug.

Done.

That's not a bad idea. I was joking with my friends that if I got stranded or lost in that car right now, I could survive for a couple weeks just foraging inside the car!

The carpet might not be in that bad of shape, I can't really see it that well to tell. The PO had a small child and apparently no sense of vehicle preservation. I might have to replace the bottom section of the rear seat also. I'll have to see if a steam cleaner can get all the candy and food stuff/stains out.

I was contemplating taking to a detailer and dropping it off and just saying 'sorry'. :redface:

i havent always been a forester fan, but i like them much better lowered and modded. i always thought their windows were too tall, buti think that was on purpose to give more room.

heres one i do like tho

http://omgpancakes.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/suby-tow-2.jpg

Idaho, seriously the only way I got my interior to look good was from parts cars at the pick and pull. The previous owners were total scum buckets. My car was literally filthy. Even the old seats smelled like BO. I had to trash the headliner even..

That's wild, mine's not that bad, I haven't noticed any odor, just trash and stains.

It will be out of service for a bit while I redo the engine, so I'll definitely keep an eye out for some carpet.

i havent always been a forester fan, but i like them much better lowered and modded. i always thought their windows were too tall, buti think that was on purpose to give more room.

heres one i do like tho

http://omgpancakes.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/suby-tow-2.jpg

I agree, I always thought they looked too square, and the hood seemed disproportionate to the rest of the car. But the more I look at it, and others that are not stock, the more I'm liking it. I agree with the headroom, it's a bit roomier inside compared to a legacy, and like I said, I need something a bit utilitarian for my outdoor activities.

And I like that one also!

Dug in before the rain came...

http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj605/Idahorec/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-02/EC6ADDBF-FD0F-49DC-A800-405734BDA3B0_zpskt9tn9gz.jpg

So when I pulled the intake, I noticed an extra wire in the area of the oil sensor and crank sensor harness. It currently doesn't have a plug on it, just wrapped in tape. Anyone know its purpose?

http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj605/Idahorec/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-02/36AE3971-DE62-41C0-B034-F92F979AA9CE_zpsedvhj9px.jpg

I worked on a couple of 99 forester and i'm pretty sure its for power steering. I'll see if i can get a hold of the car and take a pic. The previous owner probably replaced it with a non sensor p/s pump. Look under the pump if there is exposed wires

Archived