LegacyGT.com

Might get a 2.5i Instead of a GT sadly, Headers Q's?

So, I want the Subaru Rumble, already found out the 2.5i doesn't have the same sound as a GT due to the motor difference and no up/ down pipe. So, I'm looking at the Borla headers, how long does this job take? What would I need? Is it a pain to do or easily?

Also does anyone know of a quote I could get to just have a muffler shop do it? If I already had the headers, would it be like, 200 or 150 extra to have someone do it?

I would rather get a GT, but still, I just want that boxer rumble.

Here's a wonderful idea from Sonory, the SESP engine sound processor. It takes engine RPM and load data from sensors, but I believe there is also one which the OBD-II port and processes an engine sound file you can then pass to your car's stereo system via the aux-in. They have simulation files for things like Ferrari V12s, Bugatti W16s etc. Here's one of a big-block running in a WRX, though it will work the same in an n/a car.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLs8YcWMIx4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLs8YcWMIx4#![/ame]

They might be able to work something up from samples from an old WRX or 1303 Beetle if you inquire... should get you what you want.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Well, my parents are helping me purchase the car, first it was no manual, then they are thinking a turbo is bad, and un-reliable due to all of their friends talking trash, who are all N/a muscle car fan boys. So from hearing that turbos blow and they kill the life of the engine, and all of the false info on a STOCK TURBO, if you maintain it will last years. And the GT engines are built to handle the compression of the turbo, so it doesn't shorten the life span of the engine.

Yet they think after months of studying, looking for a good deal, finding good deals and getting shot down for the stupidest things. They think that i'm a "know it all".

Every time I try to prove a point to them they are like, "Ha, you think you just know everything don't you?".

Parent logic, just because you are older doesn't mean you know s*** for new cars, when all you know is how to change the oil, and put gas in it.

Sorry for the rant, it gets old getting laughed at for knowing what i'm talking about and being mocked for being younger than them.

Anyway, back to the topic, maybe i'll get lucky and get a GT, but if I don't I just need to know this stuff.

I don't mean to be unkind, but how about you log off the computer, and go earn the money to buy your own choice of car? Your cash, your choice.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

They (your parents that is) aren't completely wrong - buying a high mileage LGT as your first car is probably not the best idea. Just saying you'll likely need to dump some money into it soon enough and then you'd REALLy never hear the end of it.

...you'll likely need to dump some money into it soon enough and then you'd REALLy never hear the end of it.

Also a good point. Just look at all the shit that spc2125 gets because he can't or won't fix his problems properly. ;)

Personally, if I had to drive something low budget and n/a I'd probably go with something a bit smaller and lighter than the Legacy, like an older Impreza 2.5i or 2.5RS.

So, I want the Subaru Rumble, already found out the 2.5i doesn't have the same sound as a GT due to the motor difference and no up/ down pipe. So, I'm looking at the Borla headers, how long does this job take? What would I need? Is it a pain to do or easily?

Also does anyone know of a quote I could get to just have a muffler shop do it? If I already had the headers, would it be like, 200 or 150 extra to have someone do it?

Search "UEL" in this section of the forums. :redface:

The very last thing I'd do is buy the car you don't want (the 2.5i) and then spend more money making it even less powerful and less efficient just for this silly blub-blub sound.

Weird... I am in the same exact situation you are in. This is my first car (2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5i) that I paid for half of.. and the engine sounds so dull and boring the only excitement is hearing a tiny rumble when you drive it when the engines cold. My mom said I could not get another car in another 5 years and Im stuck with this one for now... the car I chose because I wanted that genuine Subaru rumble. And bomber I wanna get those headers youre a lifesaver :)

Well I ended up getting an 07, 2.5i Legacy, it's not as ballsy as a GT, but I really like it honestly, it picks up and goes, sport shift, sun roof, ect.

I just want the sound, that's really all, i'm not trying to make it un-reliable or anything, other than the AWD It's why I wanted a Subaru.

I'll put some pics as my default and such, it's pearl white, my favorite color also.

Weird... I am in the same exact situation you are in. This is my first car (2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5i) that I paid for half of.. and the engine sounds so dull and boring the only excitement is hearing a tiny rumble when you drive it when the engines cold. My mom said I could not get another car in another 5 years and Im stuck with this one for now... the car I chose because I wanted that genuine Subaru rumble. And bomber I wanna get those headers youre a lifesaver :)

I feel the same way about my 05 2.5i. But still love the car regardless.

Nice car. 07 2.5is are kinda better than 05 2.5is. Your stock wheels are 17 inch and mine are 16s. Although your headlights are all chrome I still prefer my slightly black stock headlights

The very last thing I'd do is buy the car you don't want (the 2.5i) and then spend more money making it even less powerful and less efficient just for this silly blub-blub sound.

You aren't good at answering questions or contributing useful information to many of the post in this section. Why dont you stop repeating stuff you read on the internet. :redface:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/pics-lgt-manifold-conversion-157280.html

Along with Bomberlegacy post

You aren't very good at accepting opinions that differ from your own. Why don't you stop breathing?

I also was in the market for a GT, but with the increase in insurance, and the cost of a turbo'd vehicles maintenance, I bought a 2.5i. I love my car and I got a hell of a deal on it, $193 a month for an 08 Limited with 76k. Trust me, come summer, my 2.5i is going to show the OC AWD Meet what naturally aspirated is all about (looks wise :lol:)

But anyway, those Rallisport headers do sound pretty decent, I plan on going with them and a nice Borla catback.

I was in a similar predicament just a few months ago, trying to find a legacy in my price range. I found a gt at first but on the day i got to the dealer to look at the car, someone had picked it up and brought it to their house and later bought it. So then i found a 2.5i that had 200k on it and I bought it. I really love the thing and have been looking for upgrades and cool things to do. I have pretty much accepted the fact that you can't make it faster and i like the sound it makes too. I mean for your first car you don't need something as fast as the gt but my 2.5i can go fast when it needs too and handles quite well.

Archived